Revenge of the Vols.......

Fine Vol

Go Vols
Who thinks when we play the Zags again we will get a win? I think our young team will only get better game by game.

I think the atmosphere of TBA, not to mention the young players growing up will get us out with a W

I know I cannot wait for this game. I've grown, probably unwarranted, a new hate for Gonzaga.

I think UT will win IF they learn to play some D. If we allow too many open shots and allow penetration to the basket too easily again, then I think we will lose. Also, we really are going to have to learn to attack the zone a little better. We seem lost out there at times. Hopefully, this last 10 days off will give us some answers.

The zags will not be easy to beat even at TBA. They're just big and we had no answer really for that zone they were playing. We'll need to challenge their shots instead of standing there watching. Home crowd and revenge factor hopefully is enough in this one.

i think we'll definetely win. our young guys will be more experienced at that point. also, when was the last time we lost at TBA?

What home games did we lose in '05? I know we choked that double digit lead to Arkansas in the last 8 minutes and lost a heart breaker to Kentucky... wow.. thats ridiculous when you think about it. 2 losses? And both were bad breaks..

Gonzaga shot exceedingly well (especially beyond the arc), and we also had a long stretch of time in the second half where we just couldn't buy a basket - I don't see either of those things happening again. Obviously it's hard to say that you expect a win against the #4 team in the country, but I really like our chances.

If our guys can learn to play a little better defense (and there's no reason to think they won't), then I feel they should be able to win, especially at home.

Gonzaga shot exceedingly well (especially beyond the arc), and we also had a long stretch of time in the second half where we just couldn't buy a basket - I don't see either of those things happening again. Obviously it's hard to say that you expect a win against the #4 team in the country, but I really like our chances.

Gonzaga is NOT the #4 team in the nation...despite what rankings may show

What home games did we lose in '05? I know we choked that double digit lead to Arkansas in the last 8 minutes and lost a heart breaker to Kentucky... wow.. thats ridiculous when you think about it. 2 losses? And both were bad breaks..

That was '06, FWIW.

Pearl is certainly a big-time regular season game coach. TBA will be hopefully loud and raucous, and UT will be well-prepared and ready to play. I say we win.

I just don't see who you could put in font of them at this point.. If Gonzaga isn't 4th... then we aren't in the top 20.

VN Store

Back