Returning To A Stable Of Prime Thoroughbreds?

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
Could it be? Might be just coach-speak, maybe not when one looks at the potential diversity in abilities. But could we be returning to the days we had a stable of waiting, yet willing and able RBs? Where there was no drop off no matter whoever we inserted into a game? Or perhaps I'm probably over-enthusiastic and believing something that isn't there. Would be wonderful to watch the horses galloping to the goal line. To hear the hoofs thunder by the chains, getting more yards than needed for first downs. Imagine! Fury, Flicka, Seabiscuit, and Secretariat all at once.
Source: Vols Should Have Plenty of Depth at Running Back - WDEF

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Could it be? Might be just coach-speak, maybe not when one looks at the potential diversity in abilities. But could we be returning to the days we had a stable of waiting, yet willing and able RBs? Where there was no drop off no matter whoever we inserted into a game? Or perhaps I'm probably over-enthusiastic and believing something that isn't there. Would be wonderful to watch the horses galloping to the goal line. To hear the hoofs thunder by the chains, getting more yards than needed for first downs. Imagine! Fury, Flicka, Seabiscuit, and Secretariat all at once.
Source: Vols Should Have Plenty of Depth at Running Back - WDEF

I expect regardless of the RBs you are going to hear the high pitch whistle of missiles traveling toward the end zone much/most of the time.

Once the Oline gets to where it needs to be, its amazing how much better the RBs get. Just decent ones can get some yardage when there is blocking and are actually holes to start with. Those next level ones can get that breakaway for that next 10 yards.

Honestly Small is the only one who can pass/run block decent.Juco kid was great at it just sh*y attitude n jumped to Louisville.With how the offense plays u gotta have dudez that can protect ur qb when that safety shoots the Gap on a delayed blitz.Williams looks like the read deal but he's a freshman so u know.It seems whitehead has looked good now he's healthy but as for proven proven naw we jst gotta hope for the best.

Honestly Small is the only one who can pass/run block decent.Juco kid was great at it just sh*y attitude n jumped to Louisville.With how the offense plays u gotta have dudez that can protect ur qb when that safety shoots the Gap on a delayed blitz.Williams looks like the read deal but he's a freshman so u know.It seems whitehead has looked good now he's healthy but as for proven proven naw we jst gotta hope for the best.

Small is the the type of back that starts at Missouri. we need thoroughbreds who can make one cut and take it to the house, Guys with Kamara's balance and Cokers speed.

Reactions: dduncan4163
None of our running backs scream all sec to me. You really need at least one all conference back or at least a couple guys that’s in the mix… hopefully wright can be that guy he’s the only one on the team that I see that can be a difference maker.

Yes. Our offense will be the best in the nation this year. Ifwe can field even just a serviceable defense this year, we will be very good.

I expect regardless of the RBs you are going to hear the high pitch whistle of missiles traveling toward the end zone much/most of the time.

Ohhh, I love the sound and sight of Javelin missiles in the morning, noon, evening, and night.

We just don’t have a truly dynamic RB yet imo. Williams kid looks good but I just don’t see a loaded position by any means.

Reactions: J C Higgins
Small is the the type of back that starts at Missouri. we need thoroughbreds who can make one cut and take it to the house, Guys with Kamara's balance and Cokers speed.

Yet Small started at TN and had a better season than Eric Gray did. Small can make one cut and take it to the house. But not when the OL is poor.

The only reason whitehead even sees the field is because we’re so thin at tb.
The rbs and oline is definitely this offenses weak spots.

Lol. No our offense won’t be the best in the nation. It won’t be best in the SEC.
I see no reason why it couldn’t be the best in the SEC. It was damn good last year and we return our qb and plenty of other pieces. That’s just a pessimistic take. Realistic take is we could possibly have the best offense in the SEC.

I see no reason why it couldn’t be the best in the SEC. It was damn good last year and we return our qb and plenty of other pieces. That’s just a pessimistic take. Realistic take is we could possibly have the best offense in the SEC.

We just don’t have the offensive firepower that Bama has.

Reactions: J C Higgins

VN Store

Back