Return of the black stripe: who's the first to lose it?

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Go on record as which player you believe will be the first to lose their black stripe this fall.

In 2015 it was Alvin Kamara first, followed by Kyle Phillips and Shy Tuttle.

Last year it was Baylen Buchanan who was first. Then Nigel Warrior. After that Tyler Byrd, Marcus Tatum and Jeff George lost theirs on the same day, I believe.

Who ya got?

Will be some interesting battles at RB, WR, and hopefully LB with this incoming freshmen class. I think out of the freshmen RBs Coleman will surprise people - he gets my vote. For WR maybe Latrell Williams or Jordan Murphy, speedster from FL Jacquez Jones could be a nice utility player for us - he seems very elusive with the ball in his hands. LB - would be nice if one of the freshmen stepped up.

Does Trey Smith even need a black stripe? :)

Everyone seems so high on this kid. Film is impressive, but wasn't rated all that high. Something I'm missing? I know stars don't really matter.

My vote is Smith and Wiggins or Ignont.

Recruiting services don't always get it right. There's always a handful of lower ranked guys that develop into better players than your blue chip guys

Will wiggins even have a black stripe, coming in as a grad transfer. Trey Smith will be first overall.

Everyone seems so high on this kid. Film is impressive, but wasn't rated all that high. Something I'm missing? I know stars don't really matter.

My vote is Smith and Wiggins or Ignont.

Parade All-American and 30+ sacks as a senior.

Plus, his Griffith interview and what Shoops said about him.

Just remember the name, Matthew Butler

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Thanks. I will do so.

Seriously, Mike Griffith has a great interview with Butler on Griffith's facebook. I can overreact a lot, but this kid seems to have "It". Of course, I've been wrong many times before. I also like the WR out of Mississippi, Jordan Murphy. Either way, Go Vols

Reactions: 1 person
Seriously, Mike Griffith has a great interview with Butler on Griffith's facebook. I can overreact a lot, but this kid seems to have "It". Of course, I've been wrong many times before. I also like the WR out of Mississippi, Jordan Murphy. Either way, Go Vols

Yeah his film looks really good. Great size and 30+ sacks is impressive. I'll check out the interview. I hope you are right. GBO.

Will be some interesting battles at RB, WR, and hopefully LB with this incoming freshmen class. I think out of the freshmen RBs Coleman will surprise people - he gets my vote. For WR maybe Latrell Williams or Jordan Murphy, speedster from FL Jacquez Jones could be a nice utility player for us - he seems very elusive with the ball in his hands. LB - would be nice if one of the freshmen stepped up.

Does Trey Smith even need a black stripe? :)

Won't have any adhesive. Will fall off after the first snap...no one will even discuss it.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back