Required reading for Vol Hoops fans

I dealt with this as a freshman in college, too. I didn't turn 18 until I was already several weeks into my freshman year. Very immature and felt out of place living on my own away from home for the first time. My freshman year was essentially a waste of time and money, and I nearly landed on academic probation. It wasn't the freedom that was my enemy. It was the lack of structure and study habits I was never forced to learn in high school because it all came natural to me without having to study.

Not sure if another year of age and teenage wisdom would have made a difference for me, but I graduated as an honor student when all was said and done. The learning curve was just much steeper for me as a result. Could be the same thing that is happening with BHH.
I was the same way. Fortunately I didn’t have any pressure to leave early to start a career. I had 4 years which gave me time to recover from my freshman year.

Uderstand his frustration, but I’m not sure calling out a young player in a public forum is going to be effective. Some things are best kept in-house. Whether BHH handles the scrutiny well remains unknown. Perhaps would have simply been better to say, Plavsic had earned the time.

It’s pretty obvious that Tamba was always expected to redshirt.

The really hard to figure players are Deboundje and Aidoo. Both have only been in 5 games and Aidoo has had medical issues to appeal. It’s possible that the staff is hoping for a retro-active red shirt rule change on QD and JA similar to what is allowed with football.
I think you can blame another virus, mononucleosis, for thwarting any attempts at contributing significantly that Aidoo might have had. With this team’s shortcomings, I think he would have carved out some significant minutes. He can hit shots from all over the court, with a really sweet 3-point game. He’s got some length as a defender, and has remarkably good fluidity and handles with the basketball. Aidoo also has a little dog in him as well. Sadly, he was just what the doctor ordered for this team, but became a victim of his own bad luck, health wise.

VN Store

Back