Reputation of VN

knoxvols11

I remember several months back a major publication or sports show giving us a shout out. What I want to know is do other message boards know about us and/or sports shows and if they do, do they know we are a bunch of fickle, finiky fans with self depreciating humor or do they just look at us as a bunch of smart azzez?

I hear of Vol Quest on here that some posters are members of and glad that Freak doesn't charge but I don't know much about VQ. Never been on it.

We are orange clad gods that all others aspire to emulate. Of course they speak of our inexplicable super-human ability to behave in a manner that reaks of smart-azzedness, but only in a reverent manner and with the utmost respect. Fickle and finicky? They wouldn't dare mention it in fear of a USU style beat down.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
4p6uYDA.gif

Thank you.

Reactions: 6 people
I hear of Vol Quest on here that some posters are members of and glad that Freak doesn't charge but I don't know much about VQ. Never been on it.

I was a member of VQ for almost 12 years. Always enjoyed the reporting from Brent Hubbs and Co.

IMO, the forums there were, for the most part, a pleasure to read as they typically provided some great info. regarding the team. That is until around late 2008. Then, it seemed like the prevailing attitude became rather negative. Lots of bickering followed. Those that appeared to be real insiders either limited their posting or quit altogether. Guess it was just a reflection of the times (considering the state of the UT football program).

So I dropped by subscription. I do miss the easy access to the recruiting and training camp updates at times. But, unless the General's Quarters has improved, I'm not missing anything else from the site.

VN is far and away the best designed and most user friendly, functional forum on the internet. Just do a google search for (insert random team) message board and you'll see what I mean; they all look straight out of 2001. SB nation, while modern and a valuable resource for nuanced opinions, is completely impotent as an online community; there's a strong herd mentality and prevailing arrogance, and the "threads" longer than 300 or so posts are impossible to conveniently navigate on a phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
VN is far and away the best designed and most user friendly, functional forum on the internet. Just do a google search for (insert random team) message board and you'll see what I mean; they all look straight out of 2001. SB nation, while modern and a valuable resource for nuanced opinions, is completely impotent as an online community; there's a strong herd mentality and prevailing arrogance, and the "threads" longer than 300 or so posts are impossible to conveniently navigate on a phone.

So true. This has bugged me for a while. SBN's long-form write-ups are phenomenal, but their weird brand of comment section circle jerkery just ruins the whole site experience for me. Herd mentality and prevailing arrogance are quite descriptive adjectives.

Reactions: 1 person
So true. This has bugged me for a while. SBN's long-form write-ups are phenomenal, but their weird brand of comment section circle jerkery just ruins the whole site experience for me. Herd mentality and prevailing arrogance are quite descriptive adjectives.

I've never encountered any kind of problem on Rocky Top Talk, SBNations UTK blog.

I've never encountered any kind of problem on Rocky Top Talk, SBNations UTK blog.

Rocky Top Talk is pretty good, though a little sparse in content for my liking. It's mostly bad on their general CFB and CBB blogs, or whatever they call them.

I remember several months back a major publication or sports show giving us a shout out. What I want to know is do other message boards know about us and/or sports shows and if they do, do they know we are a bunch of fickle, finiky fans with self depreciating humor or do they just look at us as a bunch of smart azzez?
smartazzes...most definitely

darickfakeid.jpg

Id say VN is the coolest site thats free, despite the whinery and lack of optimism sometimes. Just a quick word to whomever updates this site, the Vols football tab selections are way out of date. They are 6-7 years behind on some of them.

Id say VN is the coolest site thats free, despite the whinery and lack of optimism sometimes. Just a quick word to whomever updates this site, the Vols football tab selections are way out of date. They are 6-7 years behind on some of them.
By "lack of optimism", do you mean "reality"?

VN Store

Back