Reports abound ,Stackhouse to resign tomorrow from Vandy.

Bad news for Vandy honestly never disappoints

If I am being real, Stack is a good coach; good system. Prob best they could expect to hire. Has brought in some legit recruits. Just not enough. They are, for God's sake, Vandy

Last edited:
Wasn't long ago that some posters were talking about Penny's asst (is it Stanfil) carrying
the team to a national ranking. Penny is taking the Stackhouse route to mediocrity. (don't you just hate this!)
Stansberry. And as good a coach as Rick Stansberry is…even he couldn’t overcome the dysfunctional inept Tigers culture. Even when ranked 10th the Tigers were always fools gold.

If I am being real, Stack is a good coach; good system. Prob best they could expect to hire. Has brought in some legit recruits. Just not enough. They are, for God's sake, Vandy
They can do better. This is the worst era of Vandy since way back in the early 80's. Why do people keep touting a horrible coach that can't win as something special. I think it's just our wishful thinking so we can keep beating their brains in.

Stansberry. And as good a coach as Rick Stansberry is…even he couldn’t overcome the dysfunctional inept Tigers culture. Even when ranked 10th the Tigers were always fools gold.
Stansbury is not a good head coach. 21 seasons and he’s never been past the round of 32. The last seven years at Western Kentucky he didn’t take them to a single NCAA Tournament. And if you scoff and say they’re a mid-major, they are, but they’ve also been to the tournament 23 times, with two Elite Eights and one Final Four, so it should be a semi-regular occurrence.

Although he is better than Kevin O’Neill.

LMAO. 🤣 Some of y’all are so gullible… lol

Richard G. West is hilarious, and sometimes he’s so obviously creating satire, that it’s astounding how many people still believe it.

Yes, someone took this as gospel and posted it yesterday. That being said, there is a five-page thread on their message board that terms of a buyout are currently being negotiated and he will resign vs being fired.

Stackhouse can coach. His sets offensively are masterful at times. Vandy behind the 8 ball in the conference compared to other SEC teams in regards to NIL. He will land somewhere as an assistant with some power 5 school if he wants to stay in coaching. Have no idea who would take on this job. I think Musselman and Buzz are next to move on. But Stack is the SEC Champion as far as dress goes. He must have got an NIL deal to buy all those styling suits he wears at games. He’s definitely a GQ cover dresser!

Last edited:
Reactions: VolDave53

Kevin Stallings did FAR more at Vandy. 7 NCAAT appearances and 2 Sweet 16s. So no, Stack is not close to being the best they could hire.

My question is, would Barnes consider bringing him on as an assistant if there is an opening? He has a relationship and Stack is a really good X's and O's coach. He just didn't have the talent to compete at Vandy, but could bring a lot as an assisant.

Yes, someone took this as gospel and posted it yesterday. That being said, there is a five-page thread on their message board that terms of a buyout are currently being negotiated and he will resign vs being fired.
Yeah but my question is, is that something being talked about by Vandy "insider fans" or is it legit? Heck we can come up with stuff like that on VN and we always do. Just look at the Lady Vols forum, they're pissed and want Kellie gone (and rightfully so, IMO) but it wouldn't surprise me to see them draft their own resignation forms too.

You have to think that they will fire him at the end of the season.

Stackhouse can coach. His sets offensively are masterful at times. Vandy behind the 8 ball in the conference compared to other SEC teams in regards to NIL. He will land somewhere as an assistant with some power 5 school if he wants to stay in coaching. Have no idea who would take on this job. I think Musselman and Buzz are next to move on. But Stack is the SEC Champion as far as dress goes. He must have got an NIL deal to buy all those styling suits he wears at games. He’s definitely a GQ cover dresser!
This. He definitely has some good X's and O's. That said, the NIL will be the nail in Vandy's coffin for basketball. Also, the way he interacts with staff and his whole overall demeanor on the sidelines is kind of odd, but I do think he is a great mind. I think he would be a great assistant somewhere.

He played 18 seasons in the NBA with career earnings of over $84 million in salaries alone. If he doesn’t have a net worth of over $150 million then he’s been a fool with his money. He should be wealthy enough to have a personal taylor.

Kevin Stallings did FAR more at Vandy. 7 NCAAT appearances and 2 Sweet 16s. So no, Stack is not close to being the best they could hire.

My question is, would Barnes consider bringing him on as an assistant if there is an opening? He has a relationship and Stack is a really good X's and O's coach. He just didn't have the talent to compete at Vandy, but could bring a lot as an assisant.
I doubt he would come here unless he was considered the heir apparent to Barnes. I want none of that. I don't think he's head coach material

Yes he did. You have to wonder what they were thinking when they hired someone who had never coached in college. Vandy had a respectable program for a long time and deserves better.

VN Store

Back