Reply to a question

No, what's hypocritical is you crying all year about JJ not catching a ball in the endzone thrown by BM that was intercepted yet never once acknowledging the same thing happened vs FL in a close game with JG at the helm. Hypocritical is you constantly blaming Keyton for a drop yet never once acknowledging that it happens a bunch to our starting QB too. You have blamed everyone for BMs horrid (worst in UT history maybe) stats, you blame Coach Pruitt and Chaney for him not being developed properly, you have blamed both Keyton and JJ for some of his transgressions, you blame Chaney for calling a pass play while he was concussed yet last season when those injuries occurred you hinted that they weren't even concussions. Your one sided view of BM football is meaningless on a Vol fan forum as you bring nothing to the table but that one sided view. You offer nothing but weak excuses to BMs horrid freshman season when the reality is that he was handed the starting job, put on a platter for him to take over and he simply could not capitalize. You would think he would have showed up to camp bigger, faster, stronger and MUCH more mature and ready to compete this year for that starting job, doesn't seem to have happened. If he's smart he'll get his degree in 3 years so he can be a graduate transfer as a RS Sophomore but I doubt he applies himself there either. Bottom line is that we've heard absolutely nothing about BM other than his Twitter escapades since we last saw him throwing the ball to worms vs Kentucky. He wasn't ready last year for several factors really out of his control, he doesn't seem to be ready this year either, hopefully that will change sometime soon.
Your dislike for BM is very evident. Borderline hatred even. But let's say he is as bad as you say he is.....What does that say about your boy JG since the coaches benched him for such a sorry, pitiful excuse of a human and qb like you make BM out to be?

Either the coaches were just plain idiotic and don't know what they are doing or JG was playing worse than you care to admit.

And before you try to sidestep the argument and make an attack that I'm a JG hater, I hope the kid lights it up. Hope it's a redemption year. I have doubts, but I hope I'm wrong.

Your dislike for BM is very evident. Borderline hatred even. But let's say he is as bad as you say he is.....What does that say about your boy JG since the coaches benched him for such a sorry, pitiful excuse of a human and qb like you make BM out to be?

Either the coaches were just plain idiotic and don't know what they are doing or JG was playing worse than you care to admit.

And before you try to sidestep the argument and make an attack that I'm a JG hater, I hope the kid lights it up. Hope it's a redemption year. I have doubts, but I hope I'm wrong.
He’d rather lose with JG than win with Maurer. That much is obvious. As long as he’s right, he’s happy.

JG can’t throw in tight space, inside the 15 TD line, Yet our coaches call plays where he has to read the defense in those situations

He’s limited in some areas and damned if our coaches don’t magnify his problems.

I’m not saying you’re not a great OC, but I feel comfortable leaving the play calling to Chaney on this one.

Reactions: EZE and swampfoxfan
This is a prefect example of why I personally trust an outside source over the media. In the real world they are lying to us creating racial tensions while lying to us creating fear of Covid. This picture is a mixture of all things we’re dealing with in 2020 (no fans=Covid. Kneeling = tensions) and it shows that sports are no different in the way they go about reporting. Believe those practice reports all you want. But ask yourself, “If my significant other lied to me as much as the media, would I not be single by now?”. @de1conley , your opinions are much appreciated in the world we live in today.

Vize (Colts 0-1) (@DeVizeStarset) Tweeted:
I present to you... The Media :) https://t.co/o4Lhq9oYpR

The coaches went with JG every single time down the stretch, every single time we needed good QB play in tough situations to win football games the staff chose JG. To me that says that they handled the QB situation perfectly, benched JG when he played bad and supported him when he played well, gave our unproven backups quality minutes and when they stunk it up he pulled them too. Yes, I'd say Pruitt has handled the QB room near flawless, as we've got quality and depth at the position and very little transfer turnover. I personally don't see how Vol fans see it differently.

The coaches went with JG every single time down the stretch, every single time we needed good QB play in tough situations to win football games the staff chose JG. To me that says that they handled the QB situation perfectly, benched JG when he played bad and supported him when he played well, gave our unproven backups quality minutes and when they stunk it up he pulled them too. Yes, I'd say Pruitt has handled the QB room near flawless, as we've got quality and depth at the position and very little transfer turnover. I personally don't see how Vol fans see it differently.

Who doesn't love reading JG fan fiction with their 2nd cup of coffee?

Can we agree that Kentucky was BMs worst game? If so, to be fair, you gotta take into consideration that he didn’t have the ball in the first quarter and finished the half with 120 yards of total offense. Name one game Where JG was benched while being on track for over 350 yards of offense. You can’t because it never happened. Why? Because that actually a good game for a qb individually! If you lose a game with a qb that puts up those kind of numbers there’s other reasons for the loss. We call Pruitts handling of the qbs “flawless” and that’s correct. But ONLY because his gamble payed off in the UK game. JG could have easily played like the JG that got benched to begin with and lost that game. If that were to happen the talking point would be EXACTLY what I’m being up now. “Why did he bench Maurer? He was on pace for a great game after a horrible start!” “The defense was the problem early!” “Can you imagine Maurers stats if he’d had a first quarter too? 480 yards!”. You know as well as I and everyone on this board knows that had JG not played well in the UK game, Pruitt would’ve put an egg on his own face because as bad as Maurer started, he finished well. At that point Maurer wasn’t playing like a player that deserved to be benched.

You're the only donkey crying that Pruitt has mishandled the QBs, you and BM.

Pruitt and his staff were wrong, unless you believe it was the correct choice to spend all of the coaching time and resources on JG during the spring and fall camp, neglecting the development of the other QBs during that time, only to bench him and be forced to put an unprepared true freshman in at starter.

Yeah. Pulaski won't like this either. Either you agree with him on JG, oppose JG as irrationally as he opposes BM, or you are "dishonest".

He's accused me recently of changing my tone. I'm saying the same things I've said for a long time now.... similar to what you're saying. But Pulaski understands that kind of reasonable approach prevents him from being "right" should JG perform well.

I do not know what JG will do.... but past performance is the best indicator of future results. And he's had the same basic problem of not processing reads fast enough and not anticipating throws since he stepped on the field at UT. If he finally overcomes that... GREAT. But they higher probability is that he won't. Either he'll be replaced or that deficiency will continue to hurt the O.

Pruitt and his staff were wrong, unless you believe it was the correct choice to spend all of the coaching time and resources on JG during the spring and fall camp, neglecting the development of the other QBs during that time, only to bench him and be forced to put an unprepared true freshman in at starter.
They made a reasonable decision that simply did not work out as they thought it would. I have no problem with the decision.

You had JG- great practice player, physically talented, popular on the team, smart, hard working... by appearances you could assume that all he really needed was confidence building. He was "almost there".

Then you had Shrout who at that point appeared to be behind the curve in learning the O. Great arm but unable to run things.

Then you had Maurer. No experience. Needed physical development. Very little understanding of the O or college level D's.

Probably 99% of the time... this is a no brainer. One guy just looked to be so much closer than the other two. Obviously... the problems run deeper.

This is made even more difficult since Pruitt believes deeply that guys who practice best will play best. He's not a fan of "gamers".

Reactions: rkvdg
They made a reasonable decision that simply did not work out as they thought it would. I have no problem with the decision.

You had JG- great practice player, physically talented, popular on the team, smart, hard working... by appearances you could assume that all he really needed was confidence building. He was "almost there".

Then you had Shrout who at that point appeared to be behind the curve in learning the O. Great arm but unable to run things.

Then you had Maurer. No experience. Needed physical development. Very little understanding of the O or college level D's.

Probably 99% of the time... this is a no brainer. One guy just looked to be so much closer than the other two. Obviously... the problems run deeper.

This is made even more difficult since Pruitt believes deeply that guys who practice best will play best. He's not a fan of "gamers".

It's never reasonable for a coaching staff, to not have a viable backup QB. Even if you've got a Burrow, or Tua, or whomever starting, you need someone to step into that role in case of injury or in our case failure to perform.

It was a conscious decision by Pruitt and the staff, to throw everything they had at JG in the spring and fall, and it backfired when none of that effort led to fruition.

Hopefully Pruitt has learned his lesson on putting all of his eggs in one basket.

Reactions: Tnphil
Can we agree that Kentucky was BMs worst game? If so, to be fair, you gotta take into consideration that he didn’t have the ball in the first quarter and finished the half with 120 yards of total offense. Name one game Where JG was benched while being on track for over 350 yards of offense. You can’t because it never happened. Why? Because that actually a good game for a qb individually! If you lose a game with a qb that puts up those kind of numbers there’s other reasons for the loss. We call Pruitts handling of the qbs “flawless” and that’s correct. But ONLY because his gamble payed off in the UK game. JG could have easily played like the JG that got benched to begin with and lost that game. If that were to happen the talking point would be EXACTLY what I’m being up now. “Why did he bench Maurer? He was on pace for a great game after a horrible start!” “The defense was the problem early!” “Can you imagine Maurers stats if he’d had a first quarter too? 480 yards!”. You know as well as I and everyone on this board knows that had JG not played well in the UK game, Pruitt would’ve put an egg on his own face because as bad as Maurer started, he finished well. At that point Maurer wasn’t playing like a player that deserved to be benched.
Lol. Pruitt going with JG the 2nd half of the Ky game was the best move he made all season with the QBs. There were more JG should be our starting QB comments after that game than at any time. You somehow claim BM actually played good that game which is pure garbage. You brag about the yards he threw for when you know the last play of the half that was a meaningless play that accounted for most of the yards. It was clear who the better QB was that day and BM has done nothing since that day to get better it seems.

Lol. Pruitt going with JG the 2nd half of the Ky game was the best move he made all season with the QBs. There were more JG should be our starting QB comments after that game than at any time. You somehow claim BM actually played good that game which is pure garbage. You brag about the yards he threw for when you know the last play of the half that was a meaningless play that accounted for most of the yards. It was clear who the better QB was that day and BM has done nothing since that day to get better it seems.
So in other words you FINALLY comply with the FACT that stats don’t tell the whole story? You hear this @k-town_king ? Your boy got painted into a corner and exposed. Let’s hear what you have to say because you may be next.

So in other words you FINALLY comply with the FACT that stats don’t tell the whole story? You hear this @k-town_king ? Your boy got painted into a corner and exposed. Let’s hear what you have to say because you may be next.
There is nothing to expose as I have said nothing but facts.

Have fun on the FCS messageboard with the ten other posters they have once BM transfers soon.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I don’t think you can say that any UT QB performed at a high level last season.

Vols finished 8thin the conference in passing yards (only around 220 per game). That is middle of the pack and equals mediocrity to me.

Bottom line...we need more out of that position to be a good team...IMO.

Vols finished 8thin the conference in passing yards (only around 220 per game). That is middle of the pack and equals mediocrity to me.

Probably the most well said post in a while.

You may be satisfied with periodic and rare periods of good QB play. I'm of the belief there should always be good QB play, with some occasional hiccups that are to be expected.
JG was benched in the bowl game for an unproven freshman, arguably the game he received the most preparation for in his career.
South Carolina game was one of the best wins of the season. Without BM and Shrout and the Defense, that may not be a win.
I honestly don't see how Vol Fans see that any differently.

Reactions: BeardedVol
You may be satisfied with periodic and rare periods of good QB play. I'm of the belief there should always be good QB play, with some occasional hiccups that are to be expected.
JG was benched in the bowl game for an unproven freshman, arguably the game he received the most preparation for in his career.
South Carolina game was one of the best wins of the season. Without BM and Shrout and the Defense, that may not be a win.
I honestly don't see how Vol Fans see that any differently.
You neverJGers are so bad at this, BM didn't even play vs S Carolina and amazingly you are giving him credit for that win. You're either a troll or a fraud as a Vol fan, or you simply just make up stuff to make your argument look better.

We finished 3rd from the bottom in rushing, who do we replace there to get better?

No, I simply got tired of your false narrative that BM actually played good vs Ky. JG goes 6/7 for 100+ yards and 0 interceptions you neverJGers just laugh it off like it didn't happen and then you try to sell the shi$$show BM was vs KY as good winning football by BM. Hypocrisy at its finest.

VN Store

Back