Replace 3rd Qtr Song?

This isn’t a great sing along for a stadium, but if there is a rock classic that fits the Heupel era:

Now, if I were to imagine Neyland Stadium about to enter the 4th quarter in a close game against a top 5 rival, I would be ready to fight if we had 100,000 people singing “We say grace. We say ma’am. If you ain’t into that, then we don’t give a damn!” - Hank Williams Jr.

Last edited:
I'm in agreement for the change, just not sure what it should be.

"Friends in LOW Places" seems like a depressing song for a team getting beat by fiddy...why would a Vol want to sing that?

Change it.

As the Vol fans are filling up the stadium I always thought all my rowdy are coming over tonight was very appropriate! GBO

Personally, I would do "don't stop believin" because I think it has a beat that people get fired in for, but honestly in my opinion, if you used some of the songs people have suggested, the visiting fans would laugh us out of our own stadium

Personally, I would do "don't stop believin" because I think it has a beat that people get fired in for, but honestly in my opinion, if you used some of the songs people have suggested, the visiting fans would laugh us out of our own stadium
One man's meat is another man's poison, but I think you're on the right track. For max participation, it has to be a familiar pop song from the 70s, 80s, or 90s that is singable with swappable lyrics, and preferably not in use by another team.

Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 11.17.32 PM.png

One of the best song openings of all time. Used to be the last thing I listened to before stepping on the rugby pitch.

Tennessee Stud by Doc Watson
yes, I’m old!

I'll allow it! "He had the nerve and he had the blood & there never was a hoss like the Tennessee Stud"! A little innovative work on the verse lyrics to fit football and you'd have a keeper for sure.. I also think the Horn solo/ intro to Baker Street would be good to use at some point. Maybe prior to the 4th quarter. It is very dramatic.

From Pillar, recorded by Lakeside Studios in Knoxville, "For the Love of the Game"

I'm not even a fan of country music or Charlie Daniels' songs, but Neyland Stadium was a somber place at the end of the first half during the 2002 Tennessee-Alabama game, as Bama completely dominated the first half. Charlie Daniels performed at halftime in an orange Tennessee jersey and got the Neyland Stadium crowd absolutely stoked. It was loud as hell when the team came back out onto the field for the 3rd quarter. There's bound to be a video of his halftime performance where they could play the best segment of it on the Jumbotron after the 3rd quarter.

Honky Tonk Women was a good suggestion too.

VN Store

Back