Rep Massie posts gun photo

So, your new laws are going to be followed? Are they super cereal this time?

You're persecuting the wrong group
If it's illegal for a reputable gun dealer to make multiple sales, then they want make multiple sales.
Easy

If it's illegal for a reputable gun dealer to make multiple sales, then they want make multiple sales.
Easy

So you want to put more pressure on people to buy guns in a less traceable manner? Seems you should want someone buying 10 guns from a dealership since they’ll all be traced

Easy
It's already illegal to sell to a person you know is purchasing them for another person. Why will new laws now magically be followed?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
It shouldn't be illegal to sell a gun to a known criminal?

Define "known criminal"? It shouldn't be illegal for a felon who has completed their sentence from owning a gun. It should be illegal to sell a gun to someone you know if going to use it in the commission of a crime.

Only thing I can think of is to a felon whose sentence restricts gun ownership while on parole.

If you bought those guns at a gun store, they’re all listed in your name. So his fear is someone will knowingly arm felons with weapons registered to themselves?

Seems like a reach

Ultimately, we are a gun culture and that cats out of the bag. We have twice as many guns per capita as the 2nd highest country. There is no feasible way to confiscate them while doing any reasonable job of getting and keeping them out of criminals' hands...and that's ignoring the fact that you can now make guns with a 3D printer....not to mention gun confiscation would probably start a revolution, even if it passed constitutionally.

You can say "look what happened in ________." but we are so clearly not those other countries.

I think indirect policies and technological innovation are our best bets for reducing gun violence.

Ultimately, we are a gun culture and that cats out of the bag. We have twice as many guns per capita as the 2nd highest country. There is no feasible way to confiscate them while doing any reasonable job of getting and keeping them out of criminals' hands...and that's ignoring the fact that you can now make guns with a 3D printer.

You can say "look what happened in ________." but we are so clearly not those other countries.

I think indirect policies and technological innovation are our best bets for reducing gun violence.

Gun violence is almost entirely an issue in black neighborhoods (approximately 53% of homicides). I don’t think better techlogies to spy on me or laws to make my ownership of guns more burdensome, will improve a cultural issue.

If you bought those guns at a gun store, they’re all listed in your name. So his fear is someone will knowingly arm felons with weapons registered to themselves?

Seems like a reach

I wasn't supporting his proposition, just saying that's all I could think of.

If I want to buy 100 handguns and turn them into an art project, that my problem. No one should care.

As many as a person can afford.
And then sell them to anyone they wish.
Hog's World:
A seven year old buying a machine gun on the playground during recess from the naked man in the bushes is perfectly okay because it does not infringe on my individual rights. But don't aim it at the teacher during class or she may detonate her mini-nuke.

I wasn't supporting his proposition, just saying that's all I could think of.

If I want to buy 100 handguns and turn them into an art project, that my problem. No one should care.

I understand. Sorry if it sounded like I was coming at you. Not my intent

Reactions: AshG
And then sell them to anyone they wish.
Hog's World:
A seven year old buying a machine gun on the playground during recess from the naked man in the bushes is perfectly okay because it does not infringe on my individual rights. But don't aim it at the teacher during class or she may detonate her mini-nuke.

You got it.

In my world people would be much more polite and thoughtful.

So you want to put more pressure on people to buy guns in a less traceable manner? Seems you should want someone buying 10 guns from a dealership since they’ll all be traced
Just the opposite.
I want as many people as possible who are wishing to purchase a firearm to be forced into purchasing from a licensed dealer.

Gun violence is almost entirely an issue in black neighborhoods (approximately 53% of homicides). I don’t think better techlogies to spy on me or laws to make my ownership of guns more burdensome, will improve a cultural issue.

I'm not talking about gun laws when I say "indirect policies". I would consider any gun law a direct policy. I'm talking about abolishing the war on drugs, which would do a lot to reduce the type of gun violence you specifically referenced.

Reactions: Vol8188
Just the opposite.
I want as many people as possible who are wishing to purchase a firearm to be forced into purchasing from a licensed dealer.
Every issue is the same with you. Get the state involved. You don't like something? Get the state to force them to/ not to do whatever. That can't be the answer to everything.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman

VN Store

Back