Rep Massie posts gun photo

Sounds like a pretty good system. But we're talking about original purchasers who are not wishing to leave a paper trail.

There is always a paper trail as an original purchaser.... even if it’s claimed that there isn’t. So unless the serial # gets completely removed before the crime it’s used in occurs, it’s likely to earn you a knock on the door even years later if they can’t find a theft report in the system first.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
But we can conclude that according to the SCOTUS there can be rational and reasonable limits applied to 2a without amending the constitution.

No you can , it’s a subjective conclusion because you think that’s it’s reasonable and rational for felons to be denied their rights after they have paid their debt , and I don’t . That’s the bases behind background checks . We use to be able to buy firearms through a sears and roebuck Christmas catalog , we had less “ gun violence “ then and zero school shootings . 🤷‍♂️

I don't know what difference it would make.
A gun with serial number in tact can be traced back to legal seller and legal buyer. With the ability to trace its history, this issue becomes much easier to rectify. Correct?

It’s not the issue. Poverty doesn’t cause you to kill someone. You’re intentionally misinterpreting the data. But the type of people who are more likely to commit violent crimes are more likely to be poor

If the issue was poverty the majority of violent crimes would be committed by the majority of poor people (white people)
Why don't you come out and say exactly what the issue is in your opinion.

There are a few ways to protect yourself as the seller.

Yes, I agree we should remove that from the law. Just hold people accountable for their actions.
That's what laws are intended to do.

Why don't you come out and say exactly what the issue is in your opinion.

Black culture. I’ve in no way ran from that issue. The majority of poor people in this country are white. Yet the commit a minority of murders in this country. So you can’t continue to falsely claim the issue is poverty. Nor can you claim the issue is guns.

There is always a paper trail as an original purchaser.... even if it’s claimed that there isn’t. So unless the serial # gets completely removed before the crime it’s used in occurs, it’s likely to earn you a knock on the door even years later if they can’t find a theft report in the system first.
It should be more than a knock on the door. But that's better than nothing.

No you can , it’s a subjective conclusion because you think that’s it’s reasonable and rational for felons to be denied their rights after they have paid their debt , and I don’t . That’s the bases behind background checks . We use to be able to buy firearms through a sears and roebuck Christmas catalog , we had less “ gun violence “ then and zero school shootings . 🤷‍♂️
A lot has changed in 50 years. Even more will change in the next 50.

A gun with serial number in tact can be traced back to legal seller and legal buyer. With the ability to trace its history, this issue becomes much easier to rectify. Correct?
Only if there is a severe enough consequence.

Black culture. I’ve in no way ran from that issue. The majority of poor people in this country are white. Yet the commit a minority of murders in this country. So you can’t continue to falsely claim the issue is poverty. Nor can you claim the issue is guns.
If the murder rate among impoverished white people is 3.5 times higher than among the rest of white society and the murder rate among impoverished black people is 9 times higher than among the rest of black society, what does that tell us?

I guess the next obvious question would be, what is "black culture"?

Only if there is a severe enough consequence.
Are you saying if a legal buyer was consistently found to have their guns wind up in the hands of undocumented owners, there wouldn't be severe consequences? I am taking you at face value when you say multi sales are a big problem. Big, consistent problems typically don't go unchecked sans consequences.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
You can go through your local gun dealership and they can do it for you. I’ve done it before with a private sale

You don’t have to do it in SC. As long as the individual can legally purchase a gun you can sell it to them without any paperwork. I’ve sold one but made sure the person had a valid CWP just to be safe.

You don’t have to do it in SC. As long as the individual can legally purchase a gun you can sell it to them without any paperwork. I’ve sold one but made sure the person had a valid CWP just to be safe.
You are correct. However, you help mitigate your personal risk if you follow DynaLo’s suggested procedures. The issue is that if you have no paperwork to document you sold a firearm, law enforcement’s paper trail could end with you as the owner of a firearm used in a crime - not the best position to find yourself.

If the murder rate among impoverished white people is 3.5 times higher than among the rest of white society and the murder rate among impoverished black people is 9 times higher than among the rest of black society, what does that tell us?

I guess the next obvious question would be, what is "black culture"?

It tells us there’s an obvious issue with black culture. I can’t say what exactly the issues are but here’s some thoughts. I can say the issue is black culture because even if we adjust for poverty you still see crime rates that are unheard of for any other group in America.

Some of that is likely from a glorification of violence. Some of it is a left wing push to depolice black neighborhoods. Some of it is a lack of stable family structures that is a result of both the welfare state and the sexual revolution.

I can also tell you what it’s not. It’s not a result of poverty. It’s not the result of slavery. It’s not the result of red lining or systemic racism. None of those things makes you kill another person.

What more do you want?
A straw purchase is a federal felony punishable by up to five years in prison and a $5,000 fine.

He can go buy a gun for his wife from a dealer he just can’t say that’s what it’s for.

The one time I’ve done that I was selling to an individual in another state also. Idk if that changes anything

A lot has changed in 50 years. Even more will change in the next 50.

Not all that changes is good and not all that stays the same is bad . The best thing a society can do is leave individual rights alone and work on helping fix the broken individual. There’s not one problem that can’t be solved with more self responsibility.

Reactions: Vol423 and hog88

VN Store

Back