Rental House Advice

BRTiger

Geaux Tigers!
Looks like my wife and I are making the move to Knoxville finally. She got a new job working from home, and we have an agreement in place on our house here.

Planning on headed that way in a few weeks (probably the weekend after Easter) to look at some areas to rent... and recommendations? We plan on renting before we buy, looking for at least 3 BR (or 2 BR and an office or bonus room would work) and a fenced in yard for the dogs would be a big plus. Closing date here is scheduled for May 17th, so we'd probably want to rent starting in early May in order to overlap a bit.

Here are a few that we looked at online... and thoughts on the areas? From what I gather East Knoxville is really the only area to avoid, right?

1377 Woodridge Dr

1613 Autry Way

And hey, if anyone is looking to hire someone experienced with architecture/building construction/project management, let me know!

Reactions: Berry4Heisman14
Thanks... we'll see if those are still available in a month or so.

I think that's a good area right?

Not worried about schools yet since we will buy a house before our kiddo gets to that age.

Not worried about schools yet since we will buy a house before our kiddo gets to that age.

There are plenty of areas in Knoxville even in Knox county that are fine areas to live. Knoxville, TN Crime Rates and Statistics - NeighborhoodScout

I've enjoyed living on the west side of the county off Pellissippi. It's in the county rather than the city of Knoxville.

I can also co-sign for the 1377 Woodridge Dr location. It's located in a nice neighborhood. I live less than a mile away, and you can't beat the location. Good schools in the neighborhood if you end up buying nearby.

That's definitely the area we have been looking... also some toward Karns, but we don't necessarily want to buy until I have a better idea of where I'll be working.

Rocky Hill is a nice, safe area. Should be lots of other families with kids close by as well.

Reactions: BRTiger
Looking at a rental house on Colony Village Way. It's the area we want but need to make sure the neighborhood is nice.

Or maybe I am just used to Baton Rouge where ghetto and fabulous can be blocks apart.

Looking at a rental house on Colony Village Way. It's the area we want but need to make sure the neighborhood is nice.

Or maybe I am just used to Baton Rouge where ghetto and fabulous can be blocks apart.
That's a perfectly fine area as far as I'm aware.

Reactions: BRTiger

That's certainly a good neighborhood. Lots of schools and churches nearby, it's very safe and family oriented. I drive right past that on the way to work in the mornings.

That's the heart of Bearden an "upper middle class" area of Knoxville. Literally 10 minutes from anywhere but downtown (depending on traffic it'll probably be 20). Good schools in that area also

Reactions: GoVolsDR
Well the owners backed out for "personal reasons" so we are back on the hunt. Maybe they found out we are LSU fans?

Anyone have anything available? Moving May 18th so this leaves us in a bit of a crunch.

VN Store

Back