Rennia Davis Accolades

IMO Rennia is probably, realistically, not going to win alot of awards this year. May or may not even be first team all SEC, depends on how she finishes out.

That said, Rennia Davis has probably made one of the most significant contributions to this team of any LV in a long, long time. Her willingness to share the spotlight with the emergence of Rae Burrell has been huge in the turnaround the program finally seems to be making. She has been incredibly unselfish in taking on whatever role the particular game requires of her. When Rae's hot, she rebounds (20!), plays D, does whatever is needed. Scores when she needs to. Had she taken a diva role and been protective of her stats and her preseason hype, this season would have gone so much differently. I'll always admire her for that.

Ironically, her lack of divaness gets translated to some as checking out, laying too low, not "stepping up". Of course there are times she's not able to take over and singlehandedly win games, but I've never felt it was for lack of desire or trying. I wish her every award and all the best in the WNBA. And I secretly hope she comes back!

IMO Rennia is probably, realistically, not going to win alot of awards this year. May or may not even be first team all SEC, depends on how she finishes out.

That said, Rennia Davis has probably made one of the most significant contributions to this team of any LV in a long, long time. Her willingness to share the spotlight with the emergence of Rae Burrell has been huge in the turnaround the program finally seems to be making. She has been incredibly unselfish in taking on whatever role the particular game requires of her. When Rae's hot, she rebounds (20!), plays D, does whatever is needed. Scores when she needs to. Had she taken a diva role and been protective of her stats and her preseason hype, this season would have gone so much differently. I'll always admire her for that.

Ironically, her lack of divaness gets translated to some as checking out, laying too low, not "stepping up". Of course there are times she's not able to take over and singlehandedly win games, but I've never felt it was for lack of desire or trying. I wish her every award and all the best in the WNBA. And I secretly hope she comes back!
1st team SEC should be a lock

Reactions: Element01

Agreed. I truly truly want her to come back for selfish reasons but understand moving forward. But I think if she were to return... the possibilities of what next season could be for this team are endless. Also, it would help the other players’ development and be great for the team in the future. And... I still think she’d have a chance to be a lottery pick.

WNBA mock draft 2021, version 2.0: Texas' Collier projected to go No. 1 Davis up to #4

My opinion she has nothing else to prove on the this level she should move on.

I think the same of Charli Collier it may be too big of an opportunity to pass up going number 1 in your home state. Staying for Vic would be beneficial i’m sure but I’d leave if i were her.

The fact they consider Westbrook a first rounder over some of the second round players is laughable. Westbrook over Chelsea Dungee? The Aces lost a scorer on the wing Dungee could fit right in and provide offense.

I think the same of Charli Collier it may be too big of an opportunity to pass up going number 1 in your home state. Staying for Vic would be beneficial i’m sure but I’d leave if i were her.

The fact they consider Westbrook a first rounder over some of the second round players is laughable. Westbrook over Chelsea Dungee? The Aces lost a scorer on the wing Dungee could fit right in and provide offense.
Dungee all the way. Westbrook wants to be a prima-dona!

Nothin doin for either team so far. Both looking really tight. Need to settle in and get a couple easy buckets. Probably going to be a back and forth affair.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
there probably gonna give it to Rhyne Howard 🙄
I think that's a given, since Rhyne is likely a finalist for the Wooden Award and was SEC POY.

There shouldn't be a person in the country who is surprised to see Rennia in this top 5, whether polled at the beginning of the season or now. Anyone who didn't think so just didn't want to accept the fact.

Soooo is Rennia not one of the top 15 players in the country i just don’t get it I actually think playing for TN is hurting her...

Like wow. just wow and YES THERE are a couple players she easily could replace i don’t care what team they play for or their over ranked team rankings 🙄

I wish she was more selfish actually allowing her teammates to grow and gain confidence has hurt her recognition in my opinion. That and the fact people are wary to reward TN or it’s players due to the crap years as I like to call them. Being honorable mention for Davis would be a slap in the face.

UConn's Bueckers only freshman on Wooden list

Last edited:

It seems that the folks who vote on these awards anchor on players very early in the season. Rennia did not put big numbers in the pre-conference schedule and she seemed to drop of the radar screen. Since conference (and now tournament) play, Rennia has been playing like an AA. Her current 20 plus scoring streak is turning heads. If Rennia leads the team to a deep tournament run, I think she will claim some awards.

To be fair, I highly doubt anybody at SI even watches any women's games or follows WCBB with the exception of a couple of teams.

For years now they have become Woke Sports Indoctrinated. Bizarre that they think their "Swimsuit" Issue isn't objectifying women as long as they include a few plus-size women in thongs.

She’ll be a top 5 draft pick (probably top 3 IMO) but can’t make an AA list. Just keep doing you Re. Go get the bag and forget about it.

All those third teamers can hang a banner in their office while they watch you playing on TV!
All of the players on this list are going to the WNBA most likely.

Other snubs in addition to Rennia: Michaela Onyenware and Aari McDonald...2 other players projected to be top 10 draft picks.

If only this gives Davis even more motivation going forward!! Prove all these people wrong Re, you are one of the best players in women's basketball.

VN Store

Back