Remember when Tad Boyle was on UT's candidate list?

To be fair, recruiting in basketball at Colorado isn’t the easiest thing in the world to do.

Reactions: wmcovol

It'd be nice if our coach was as good a coach as he is a recruiter. Barnes is an elite recruiter, but just an above average coach and team manager. He was the same way at Texas and their fans tried to tell us when we hired him to get ready for super talented teams that underperform.

It'd be nice if our coach was as good a coach as he is a recruiter. Barnes is an elite recruiter, but just an above average coach and team manager. He was the same way at Texas and their fans tried to tell us when we hired him to get ready for super talented teams that underperform.
Texas has really killed it without him… that terrible coach has us ranked every single year and won the SECT. Something a handful of coaches haven’t been able to do here for almost a half century.
One bad game and the idiots are already out smh

Texas has really killed it without him… that terrible coach has us ranked every single year and won the SECT. Something a handful of coaches haven’t been able to do here for almost a half century.

Agree. Barnes isn't perfect and definitely his teams tend to choke a lot in March but he has also done well in Knoxville all things considering. We are NOT Duke, Kentucky, or UNC lol. Although Barnes has us sometimes thinking we are when we have beat them.

Reactions: walkenvol

I agree that he raised the bar from where we were before, but the bar was super low. My expectation for his teams will always be about the same no matter how much 5 star talent he brings in. I will always expect us to be a top 5 team in the SEC that might make the SEC Championhip game once every 4 or 5 years, and that no matter how we are ranked we will exit the NCAA tourney earlier than expected.

We will never be a year in and year out championship contender.

Funny, because during his first two years, we had to hear all about how he sucked in recruiting and how his coaching ability and development was saving him.

I agree that he raised the bar from where we were before, but the bar was super low. My expectation for his teams will always be about the same no matter how much 5 star talent he brings in. I will always expect us to be a top 5 team in the SEC that might make the SEC Championhip game once every 4 or 5 years, and that no matter how we are ranked we will exit the NCAA tourney earlier than expected.

We will never be a year in and year out championship contender.
Yet we’ve been in bc the SEC championship game 3 of the last 5 times it’s been played so CRB is already ahead of your expectations!

Texas had bigger dreams than 2nd place in the B12. It’s about the Dance and Barnes isn’t very good there.

Texas had bigger dreams than 2nd place in the B12. It’s about the Dance and Barnes isn’t very good there.

Ironically, Barnes at Texas doubled the NCAAT appearances in school history, and he has been further in the tournament than they have since he left.

Kansas will always be the top dog in that conference, especially when they were able to cheat.

Last edited:
No fan base does it better, when it comes to overreacting than ours. Well done

Last edited:
Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back