Remember that Mike Gundy rant? Read this....

The Reid family comes off very bad here IMO. Gundy seemed 100% legit in his defense that day.

Well, best of luck to the kid. Sounds like he probably should have followed Les Miles.

Perhaps, but it sounds to me like he isn't much of a spread offense QB. Les Miles recruited to him for his system, so he probably should have stuck with it. Maybe he would have ended up riding the pine at LSU, but he may have avoided his "depression over I'm a man! I'm 40!" In any event it sounds like he is where he needs to be. At a smaller college.

That's the ironic thing about the whole situation. He comes off sounding exactly like what that article made him out to be.

Sounds too me like Reid is way too fragile, physically and mentally.

ding ding ding. and if playing college football is all life was too him, it's not only sad but it was over well before Gundy's rant because of his injuries and his spotty play. It just takes a look at stats in 2006 to back up Gundy's statement.

I can't say that I care for Gundy as a person, the more that I read about him, but as HC, he has every right to bench whomever he wishes.

As a position coach, you can be buddy-buddy with your guys. However, as a head coach, running a team of 100 men, the less buddy-buddy you are the more you come off as fair to the other 99.

I think Gundy understood this, distanced himself from Reid in the arena of friendship, and Reid could not mentally or emotionally understand it nor handle it.

Is it me or have a lot of columnists tried to vilify Gundy? Not saying I like the guy at all, but it seems like members of the sports media went out of their way to get their shot at this guy.

Either way, good thing Reid got his degree from Oklahoma State. He's going to need it.

haha i was thinking the same thing.

Oh, what a great coach. You must love him!

Yeah, well let me tell you a 3 hour story about why I don't love him, and maybe when I'm done we can go back to my place.

Ummm, no. Bye.

haha

Anyone else feel like gundy's days at osu are numbered. Stoolwater maybe a short stay for trooper. I bet he'll be somewhere else after the cowgirls get their collective butts stomped week in and week out in conference play.

VN Store

Back