Remember how bad Sal Sunseri was

He's like cornbread if he has better players mostly 5 stars he's a real good coach, otherwise players are getting to their spots a step slow which is a catastrophe in SEC.

Not even close. Sal’s defense couldn’t even line up correctly. Sometimes all it took was to snap the ball for the opponent to score.
You guys act like the dude was here for years........He came in and took a team that had been a base 4-3 for decades and tried to go directly to a 3-4. It takes time to recruit over guys and teach a system like that unless you've already been recruiting for a multiple-type defense. Not saying he was a great or even good DC. My point is it's a bit of an overaction based on the context and timeframe of his tenure here.

Reactions: knox73
Well it's just like anything else. You know what I'm saying? We are going to be tough, we are going to be physical. That's the thing you have to understand. You know what i'm saying?

Pruitt had no business being a head coach either. That's an indication of how desperate we were and how much no legit head coaches & dc's wanted the job.
The Sunseri situation was different. Dooley was broken by the end of year 2. He was grasping for straws and thought maybe following Bama's 3-4 move would save him. It was the "rage" at the time. Sunseri was a terrible choice to lead that change. But if he had been the ideal choice... UT simply didn't have the players on the roster to do it.

Just a completely screwed up situation caused by a coach who had apparently already asked UT how they could mutually part ways.

Reactions: Sarms58
Not a memory I care to remember. That was back in the days of poor hires and incompetent people in the athletic department. Glad we've moved on.

Reactions: Big Al Orange

VN Store

Back