Relief for Those Out of Work in Knoxville

DinkinFlicka

Erect Member
Hey there, VolNation. As some of you know, I'm a lifelong service industry/hospitality worker. I've been all over the country with my work but in the past few months I've found myself back home in Knoxville. While I'm no longer a tipped employee and spend time pulling my hair out teaching the greenhorns how to do it right, I still find myself really hurting for them. If you didn't already know, their industry and livelihood was the first to be affected by the pandemic and its economic ramifications. Regardless of your stance and feelings about the measures being taken, their income and means to pay the bills have been pulled out from under them, regardless how *they* felt about those measures. This line of work generally has no insurance, 401k, or paid time off. On top of that, most of them likely won't have a workplace to return to when this all blows over. I personally am in a position where I'm not worried about myself so much as my guys. Any support y'all can give will be huge.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk. GBO!

Knoxville Service Industry Relief Fund organized by Service Industry Coalition Knoxville

Saw this the other day. As a veteran of the Knoxville food service industry I was glad I could help

thanks for posting. it's been some years since I've lived in Knoxville (during college), but happy to help out when I can

(plus, someday I plan on moving back)

To update, just found out my restaurant closed up today. Dunno how long it'll take before they consider reopening.

Which restaurant?
KTown Tavern. As an Assistant Manager, I was laid off last week. Today they closed up for a couple weeks. To-Go wasn't doing nearly enough business to warrant staying open.

VN Store

Back