Reggie Crawford

Hate Scott Boras but hope Borwas represents him

That would be the only chance he would be in Knoxville in 2023. Even if he doesn't sign, Boras would likely stick him in Independent League though

Reactions: StarRaider
I know that. I’m saying in value pick #30 and #41 aren’t that drastically different. #30 is $2.5 million and pick #41 is right around $2 million. To OT’s point, his value can be a lot higher if he bets on himself, but that’s a very low probability. My whole point is it’s just not that crazy for high picks to reject money. It happens more often than people think.
Hey @TheMookieMonster I need to borrow some money. Nothing drastic, just $500,000. lol.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
This is a little different situation than 98-99% of other first rounders. There are several layers involved here that most, if not all, people on here are not knowledgeable about. It seems he will go on to sign, but there was some specific reason, unknown to us, why Crawford would announce his transfer publicly to Tennessee several days before the draft.
Leverage

Edit: I was mistaken about the following, wrong Crawford

One note is that since Reggie is the son of Carl Crawford, whose estimated career earnings are $171,482,419 according to spotrac, cash considerations may not be as critical in this case.

Carl Crawford
Very nice point! 👍
You got me prof….

Hey, to these uber-talented ball players, that is indeed chump change. Maybe not to us normies, but what’s risking $500k when next year he could make an additional $3+ million if he comes back. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

$500,000 pick value to these guys is still a lot of money. Their earning potential can be significant if they make it to the bigs. But, most won't make the bigs, an additional $500K would be a significant nest egg at 20-22 years of age. I wish that I had started out with that kind of money to invest. I do get your point though.

1658178671814.png

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Hate Scott Boras but hope Borwas represents him

That would be the only chance he would be in Knoxville in 2023. Even if he doesn't sign, Boras would likely stick him in Independent League though
Did Reggie engage Boras? If so, this deal wont get done until the last minute one way or the other…….

Seems like there is a lot of manipulation that is possible with a player going where they want. Seems like if he wanted to go to the Giants he could easily tell any of the teams, no, not interested, I’ll go to Tennessee.

He'll sign, and I'm sure that the club has dealt with plenty of draftees who've tried to squeeze more money out of it for one reason or another--including returning to college. If he doesn't sign and plays for Tennessee, he could have a very good year or he could have a poor year and lose value. This notion that his value will just rise is pure speculation.

VN Store

Back