Reggie Bush gets his Heisman Trophy Back

“We considered the enormous changes in college athletics over the last several years in deciding that now is the right time to reinstate the trophy for Reggie,” Michael Comerford, the president of The Heisman Trophy Trust, told ESPN. ----- Well we have really opened a can of worms now! Sorry didn't see the other post. Merger, delete, scrap, toss, burn, ect ect.

Reggie Bush: "Personally, I'm thrilled to reunite with my fellow Heisman winners and be a part of the storied legacy of the Heisman Trophy, and I'm honored to return to the Heisman family. I also look forward to working together with the Heisman Trust to advance the values and mission of the organization. ----- Not to mention all the money this will net Him. I see it now! Reggie Bush in the first Nissan Heistman Commercial for the 2024 season. "Welcome back Reggie!" oh yeah. $$$$$$.

Really? Back in the day? What usc did was blatant (almost as bad as bama) and who paid the taxes on all that "Income"? And how many people lied about it ?
What did USC do? The Bush family took money from a street agent. The NCAA had zero evidence that anyone on the USC staff knew about it. That’s why they had to manufacture the whole “should have known” nonsense against Todd McNair.

What did USC do? The Bush family took money from a street agent. The NCAA had zero evidence that anyone on the USC staff knew about it. That’s why they had to manufacture the whole “should have known” nonsense against Todd McNair.
Exactly! His stepfather took a house for his family without Reggie or USC knowing or involvement.

Oh OK. And usc got put on probation for what? Pete Carroll had to take the Seattle job for what? Fill me in sir. I'll help. usc Facilitated it..

Last edited:
Oh OK. And usc got put on probation for what? Pete Carroll had to take the Seattle job for what? Fill me in sir. I'll help. usc Facilitated it..
USC got put on probation because the NCAA ruled Bush ineligible because of the money that his stepfather had taken from a street agent. The NCAA said that Todd McNair, the then USC running backs coach, “knew or should have known” that Reggie Bush’s family had taken money from a street agent. They had no evidence that McNair was aware, that’s why they threw in the should have known part.

The NCAA did a half Azz job with their investigation like most of their investigation. This could have been avoided.

Really? Back in the day? What usc did was blatant (almost as bad as bama) and who paid the taxes on all that "Income"? And how many people lied about it ?
Reggie was never officially charged with any wrongdoing. And it wouldn't have been so bad if Mike Garrett and the PAC12 had fought harder on USC's behalf. The PAC12 screwed up by not protecting its top brand. It was the beginning of the end for them.

Well they need to remove my speeding ticket history now because they have changed the speed limit to faster than I was going when I got it.
Exactly!! And everyone that got a ticket for window tint should be refunded; since nobody is enforcing that law anymore! (you can't even see the driver through the windshield!)

Reggie was never officially charged with any wrongdoing. And it wouldn't have been so bad if Mike Garrett and the PAC12 had fought harder on USC's behalf. The PAC12 screwed up by not protecting its top brand. It was the beginning of the end for them.

Cmon Man, the Heistman committee would not have taken the trophy without ample evidence... The backlash would have been enormous.

Cmon Man, the Heistman committee would not have taken the trophy without ample evidence... The backlash would have been enormous.
They didn't take it. He offered it back. USC never received any benefit from what they charged with doing. The money given to his step father was money so Reggie would leave USC and sign with them as agents. Reggie was never formerly charged. Those are facts.

They didn't take it. He offered it back. USC never received any benefit from what they charged with doing. The money given to his step father was money so Reggie would leave USC and sign with them as agents. Reggie was never formerly charged. Those are facts.
Yes, he offered it back but it was similar to the Nixon resignation. He could see what was coming.

Reggie Bush knew they were going to take the trophy, so he beat them to the punch and gave it back. Bush admitted that his actions were the reason USC received sanctioned and vacated wins.

So sure, he never got charged because he gave the Heisman back voluntarily and admitted what he did. What could the NCAA or Heisman Committee do to him at that point anyway?

Reactions: JohnWardForever

VN Store

Back