Regardless of where the star-gazers rank us.........

When it comes to recruiting there our truly a group of 30 kids sometimes more that stand out athletically and gifted above others. Now some will have the heart and head to take there game to NFL. Some do not have the heart and head and some unfortunately will get injured. These our 5 stars. Then there is a group of 300 kids some more who it's hard to tell difference in there abilities so you have to really work hard to find the kids that again have the heart and head for big time football. Many of these will fail whom our 4 stars and several our 3 stars and few 2 stars who rise above there ranking and have great success. That recruiting every year and the great coaches evaluate the best each year.

Reactions: Sammy Joe
this is an outstanding class. Filled every need. Got some much needed speed at DB and WR, a potentially great QB with another QB change-up, both lines of scrimmage with big, talented kids, linebackers galore, and 3 running backs. Maybe our 10 year hiatus in football purgatory is finally ending. We may lose 3-4 games next year, maybe not. The things is, there's no more "automatic losses." It's been 4-5 years since we have been able to say that. We can beat anybody on our schedule next year.
This is a great recruiting class and I'm very happy with it:cool:

Outstanding football players. Really optimistic with these fellows. Looking at film and comparing this class with the highly rated Butch Jones classes...these guys are far more talented and have better size with greater build. They just look like the players that Alabama has historically signed.
Looks like Saban's 2nd LSU class. You started to see that your team better be big, strong & fast. The league hasn't been the same since.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
I’m very pleased with where we are. IMO an outstanding job by the coaching staff. Getting those two wideouts today is incredible.
The way I look at our situation is like this, we took another step forward, separating us from the Kentucky’s, South Carolina’s and Missouri’s of this conference, and took another step closer to the Florida’s and Georgia’s. We’re getting there.
GBO!!

ESPN has to be an outlier on this, the discrepancy is just too wide. This Class like the last creates an SEC ready team. I still think we need another Class to build even more depth. I do believe the Vols beat one of the (Experts ) Teams above us in the East. I would rather have Florida later instead of Georgia but it is what it is.

VN Store

Back