Regarding Chaney, lets get this out of the way immediately...

Chaney was a good hire by Pruitt.

The next big step for Pruitt is turning the D coordinating over and learning how to manage. And continuing to bring in more talent.

I think he knows what it supposed to look like and it seems like Phil is fighting to give him all the pieces to do it with. He just has to get em all to fit.

This. It totally seems to be the playbook Pruitt is working from based on a guy like me on the outside reviewing what's been happening.

If you look at his record, the first year is generally just fair, much better the second year, and better still the third year. Just need to be reasonable with first year expectations. GBO.

Guaranteed Fact: For every game Jim Chaney coaches at Tennessee, there will be a couple dozen or so posts on here by people complaining that he doesn’t have Guarantano throw the ball down field more. He coached one of the most prolific offenses in Tennessee history and still was criticized for not calling bombs more often.

I mean, it works in Madden. Why wouldn’t it work in the SEC?

Chaney isn't coming here to re-write the offense like the op and a few others seem to think. He's coming here to run the offense Pruitt had Helton run in 2018. There won't be this whole new playbook. There's a reason Pruitt stuck with the same thing no matter how it looked on the field last year. He isn't giving that up because Helton left. It's more likely Helton left because he wouldn't give that up.

Guaranteed Fact: For every game Jim Chaney coaches at Tennessee, there will be a couple dozen or so posts on here by people complaining that he doesn’t have Guarantano throw the ball down field more. He coached one of the most prolific offenses in Tennessee history and still was criticized for not calling bombs more often.

I mean, it works in Madden. Why wouldn’t it work in the SEC?
You mean people will have different opinions about what they would like to.see out of the offense and they will express / discuss those opinions on a message board that is meant for that purpose? Shocking..

Chaney isn't coming here to re-write the offense like the op and a few others seem to think. He's coming here to run the offense Pruitt had Helton run in 2018. There won't be this whole new playbook. There's a reason Pruitt stuck with the same thing no matter how it looked on the field last year. He isn't giving that up because Helton left. It's more likely Helton left because he wouldn't give that up.
Hes coming here to be the "head coach" of the offense so Pruitt can focus on other things. I guarantee you Pruitt doesnt WANT to have to be involved in the offensive side of the ball.

Reactions: k-town_king
You mean people will have different opinions about what they would like to.see out of the offense and they will express / discuss those opinions on a message board that is meant for that purpose? Shocking..
Yes even with success you will still have those that whine about the method.

It happened in the 98' season without the massive social media/message board presence we have now.

Hes coming here to be the "head coach" of the offense so Pruitt can focus on other things. I guarantee you Pruitt doesnt WANT to have to be involved in the offensive side of the ball.

Pruitt has a system he wants ran, he hires people to do it. I have no idea that Pruitt doesn't want to be involved and I'd actually almost guarantee he does want to be involved in all aspects of the team. That's what head coaches do.

I do mean exactly what you said. I was questioning the value of their opinion when it involves nonsense. But maybe I’m wrong. It’s possible mailmen, plumbers, waiters, realtors, and plenty of other jobs know more than Coach Chaney.

LOL you just can't help yourself.

Thanks for letting us know how we should feel dad (op). Seriously...the fans base is pretty intelligent. We’re the first fans base ever to block a coaching hire. I take pride in that. Chaney will be judged fairly. We can recognize when the pieces aren’t in place. We didn’t expect to compete for the sec east this season. But did expect us to beat sc and vandy. And at least be respectable in the other games. Mostly...that didn’t happen. We had enough talent on this roster to win a couple more games than we did. We constantly settle for the underneath throws against sc and I think that came back to bite us in the end. And we came out completely flat against Missouri and vandy.

Do people really expect Chaney to make a difference of 2-3 more wins in his first year? He didn’t bring a new O-Line with him. Even if we had Trevor Lawrence, he wouldn’t look as good as he does with Clemson because our Offensive Line is like a bunch of saloon doors. You can only run plays that your players can handle. Once Pruitt & Chaney gets their guys (O-Line) in, you will see a huge difference in how much better the offense looks. Patience is hard, I get that. After all these years, its tough to hear “we need more time”, but that is just the truth. Pruitt & Co. will get it done here. GBO.

Reactions: HonestVol24
Yes. The same fans that are ecstatic rn will be calling for his head after a couple games. Freshman don’t win on the oline in the sec. still a couple years away. Glad he’s back tho, hope our dumb fans don’t run him off this year for something he can’t control

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Did you see what he did with the line in 2009? Nothing short of amazing.

Was that Chaney or Pittman? OP is not wrong, it is a concern regardless of who is OC. The O Line has light years to go to become average.

VN Store

Back