Reds or Braves

allvol123

Thinking of taking the family to a MLB game for July 4. Any reviews on going to Cincy or Atlanta? Is one a vastly better experience than the other?

You should go to Atlanta before they tear down the stadium and build a new one. You may only have a year or two to do that.

You should go to Atlanta before they tear down the stadium and build a new one. You may only have a year or two to do that.
It may be new but at least it's a real baseball park and not a softball field masquerading as one.

The Battery definitely puts STP over the top.

Funny. You look like a Reds fan. Been to GAP?

I haven't been to SunTrust yet, but I have been to GAP. Best thing about GAP is the easy location. It's right there once you cross the river. But there isn't much around the ballpark as far entertainment goes. At least there wasn't a few years ago.

Reactions: allvol123
Been to both many times. Definitely recommend Atlanta. Maybe it's just me, but I've seen a few fights at GAP and there always seems to be an obnoxious drunk nearby...

I haven't been to SunTrust yet, but I have been to GAP. Best thing about GAP is the easy location. It's right there once you cross the river. But there isn't much around the ballpark as far entertainment goes. At least there wasn't a few years ago.
Yeah location is definitely more convenient. And they've done some more development, but not really in terms of family entertainment.

Reactions: vols 30
Get a hotel room in or near the Battery and drive downtown one day and see the College Football Hall of Fame. Well worth it.

Life long Reds fan here, however, for the family experience it is definitely STP as posted above. GABP is interesting and the ease of getting into the area and parking are really good. But the Battery and other places of interest put STP over the top.

VN Store

Back