Red Dead 2 Offical Tralier

If you would have chosen to go back with hosea on that mission. It would have instantly moved yall to camp... anytime you are on a mission, and someone asks if you want to go back to camp.. join them. And itll be instant.

I enjoyed the game. All the mysteries and stories .. the main story is awesome. Imo

Don't get me wrong, I really like the game but it is time consuming. You have to have a good chunk of time to really enjoy it.

then whats the point of the open world? I also spent some time hunting the bear, after getting mauled a couple times I gave up. I was excited about the ride, enjoy it the first part, and exploring can be fun. but then having to treck back over several times on fetch quests just kills the mood.
Would you prefer that they put a Tesla in the game so you can travel quicker lol

Reactions: Toujours Pret
Don't get me wrong, I really like the game but it is time consuming. You have to have a good chunk of time to really enjoy it.
It is, but that’s the point to it. If the map was smaller, it would get critiqued to **** that it’s too small.

Be patient with the online part, it’s in beta now and there is a pretty big update adding **** coming this month.

Would you prefer that they put a Tesla in the game so you can travel quicker lol
do what most open world games do to encourage exploring. add observation areas, and markers on the map. Its a grind and doesn't reward your grind. It would also be nice if exploring was easier. Got my self stuck a couple of times when I got too far away from my horse and I had to walk around trying to figure where was close enough to my horse.

it also doesn't help that every horse handles the same. I kept the original TN walker and compared it to a much better one stat wise. even when I had the trust or whatever to the same level it handled exactly the same. seemed to travel pretty much the same.

do what most open world games do to encourage exploring. add observation areas, and markers on the map. Its a grind and doesn't reward your grind. It would also be nice if exploring was easier. Got my self stuck a couple of times when I got too far away from my horse and I had to walk around trying to figure where was close enough to my horse.

it also doesn't help that every horse handles the same. I kept the original TN walker and compared it to a much better one stat wise. even when I had the trust or whatever to the same level it handled exactly the same. seemed to travel pretty much the same.
I feel different about it, I think there is a ton of exploring to do and most of it centers around hunting though and finding hideouts. Its a huge world and hopefully they do a good job with updates and filling it more with different things to do.

I have an Arabian horse and it handles so much differently than any other horse I have had.

I feel different about it, I think there is a ton of exploring to do and most of it centers around hunting though and finding hideouts. Its a huge world and hopefully they do a good job with updates and filling it more with different things to do.

I have an Arabian horse and it handles so much differently than any other horse I have had.
I don't think I have had an Arabian. but I think I tried all the different classes/groups. nothing impressed me.

on the hunting aspect, I don't consider that exploring. at the end of the hunt I don't have a clue where I have been or where I have gone, too focused on the hunt. and for the hideouts its simply just following the smoke. you don't really have to explore to find them.

one thing that was interesting was the murder with the note below the train tracks, but I couldn't find any way to start a quest or investigate for clue, you don't comment on it, and I wasn't able to find anyone to tell either. even the sheriff didn't have any discussion option, seems like it was just something I was going to have to stumble about to find more of. which is part of my frustration. there is plenty going on, they just don't get it across as a game feature. I feel like the whole game is like that.

the best features/aspects seem like mistakes or are unintentional excellence, and everything the game wants you to do comes across as meh or forced.

I don't think I have had an Arabian. but I think I tried all the different classes/groups. nothing impressed me.

on the hunting aspect, I don't consider that exploring. at the end of the hunt I don't have a clue where I have been or where I have gone, too focused on the hunt. and for the hideouts its simply just following the smoke. you don't really have to explore to find them.

one thing that was interesting was the murder with the note below the train tracks, but I couldn't find any way to start a quest or investigate for clue, you don't comment on it, and I wasn't able to find anyone to tell either. even the sheriff didn't have any discussion option, seems like it was just something I was going to have to stumble about to find more of. which is part of my frustration. there is plenty going on, they just don't get it across as a game feature. I feel like the whole game is like that.

the best features/aspects seem like mistakes or are unintentional excellence, and everything the game wants you to do comes across as meh or forced.
You can get a free Arabian if you want. Go to the stables and choose the chestnut arabian. Think it’s a freebie from R

On the serial killer you have to find pieces of the map. There aren’t any clues as such, but you would come across the other pieces/victims as you travel around.

I don’t mind ending up in a far flung part of the map. I’ll hunt my way back or explore. Plus you have no idea if there will be strangers or an ambush. Or you might come across a treasure location.

On the serial killer you have to find pieces of the map. There aren’t any clues as such, but you would come across the other pieces/victims as you travel around.

I don’t mind ending up in a far flung part of the map. I’ll hunt my way back or explore. Plus you have no idea if there will be strangers or an ambush. Or you might come across a treasure location.
The one time sequence I got ambushed I got killed before I knew what was going on, got dead, so lost the money, lost progress to the last point, and then on my way back I got ambushed again in a different spot. lost more money, lost more progress.

all while doing some dumb fetch quest. one of the times I rage quit the game. I think i got like 30 bucks from the quest, lost more than 100 from dying twice. never figured out if there are triggers for ambushes, or if there are signs I can be on the watch for, or even if you are supposed to be able to survive them.

the serial killer thing was cool, because when I saw it I had a natural reaction to it. drew my gun, did a wide circuit looking for someone watching me, and then finally investigated. felt so natural, but the game offered no reaction to my response. like I said before, perfect opportunity, not taken.

Tried playing some more this morning. Figured I would try more of the missions as that is what people says is good.

Went to get the Reverend at the poker game that ends in a fist fight. win the fist fight, witness sees me for assault and you have to chase him down. tried three times on foot and twice on horseback. he gets too far away every time, are you supposed to just shoot him? gave up on that one

Went to help Mary out with her brother. Timed it and it took 8 minutes to get to the site. and then I finally give chase, can't catch him. tried twice with my regular horse, and then my fastest. even at a dead gallop couldn't catch him to get close enough to lasso. gave up on that one too.

after I gave up on that mission it spawned me way far away on a railroad track, right in front of a train. get ran over (kinda funny) spawn right back in the same spot, get run over again. finally figured out after a couple times that getting off the horse actually buys me some time, for some reason. managed to get away from train. horse still gets run over, pretty sure it dies for good. cause I can't find it, or whistle for it afterwards. now I am stuck on foot somewhere northeastish of the Valentine.

I keep trying to let this game be good, but I can't figure it out at all.

Tried playing some more this morning. Figured I would try more of the missions as that is what people says is good.

Went to get the Reverend at the poker game that ends in a fist fight. win the fist fight, witness sees me for assault and you have to chase him down. tried three times on foot and twice on horseback. he gets too far away every time, are you supposed to just shoot him? gave up on that one

Went to help Mary out with her brother. Timed it and it took 8 minutes to get to the site. and then I finally give chase, can't catch him. tried twice with my regular horse, and then my fastest. even at a dead gallop couldn't catch him to get close enough to lasso. gave up on that one too.

after I gave up on that mission it spawned me way far away on a railroad track, right in front of a train. get ran over (kinda funny) spawn right back in the same spot, get run over again. finally figured out after a couple times that getting off the horse actually buys me some time, for some reason. managed to get away from train. horse still gets run over, pretty sure it dies for good. cause I can't find it, or whistle for it afterwards. now I am stuck on foot somewhere northeastish of the Valentine.

I keep trying to let this game be good, but I can't figure it out at all.

Wait until a mission starts and you’re not really sure what you’re supposed to be doing, then you walk 10 feet in one direction and it says “Mission failed: so and so was abandoned”

I will take it to my grave. RDR2 is not a good game.

Wait until a mission starts and you’re not really sure what you’re supposed to be doing, then you walk 10 feet in one direction and it says “Mission failed: so and so was abandoned”

oh it has happened pretty much every time I have had to chase someone. no idea where the individual started. no idea if I am just supposed to follow until I out run them, or if there are short cuts. And am I capturing them, killing them, lassoing them, whatever.

I really hate it back at camp when you are picking up a mission and getting detailed instructions, and another character comes over and starts talking to you or the mission giver and you can't keep track of the conversation. and the game doesn't give you clues. haven't really found a real journal on what I am supposed to be doing. some times the diary is helpful but most of the time its not. really doesn't help that its only back at camp and you can't check on the road.

Lol it’s one of the best single player gaming experiences you will find. Behind GoW, it’s the best single player game for consoles released this gen.

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N
I don’t know what y’all are doing to get results like that. I think I caught that kid in about ten seconds with a nothing special horse. If you’re in a mission and you don’t know what to do press down on the dpad. And if your horse dies it’s dead for good. Go to the save screen and load the game prior to it occurring to get it back.

I don’t know what y’all are doing to get results like that. I think I caught that kid in about ten seconds with a nothing special horse. If you’re in a mission and you don’t know what to do press down on the dpad. And if your horse dies it’s dead for good. Go to the save screen and load the game prior to it occurring to get it back.
Or keep a couple of horse revivers on you.

Lol it’s one of the best single player gaming experiences you will find. Behind GoW, it’s the best single player game for consoles released this gen.

Just so we’re clear.... it’s a better single player game experience than Witcher 3? It’s a better single player game than Bloodborne or Souls 3?

That’s what you’re arguing?

Just so we’re clear.... it’s a better single player game experience than Witcher 3?

That’s what you’re arguing?
Witcher 3, no, bloodborne yes and dark souls 3 yes. I would put all of those in that top tier (well not bloodborne) though, but GoW is better than them all.

I would have lost about 3 hours of progress. One whole mission, some exploring and 2hours trying to get anywhere. I will just replace the worthless horse.

also I am guessing for the horse revive to work the horse has to be physically present in game. I don't know if its stuck on the front of the train or what, but mine is literally gone.

I would have lost about 3 hours of progress. One whole mission, some exploring and 2hours trying to get anywhere. I will just replace the worthless horse.

also I am guessing for the horse revive to work the horse has to be physically present in game. I don't know if its stuck on the front of the train or what, but mine is literally gone.
There’s an auto save file overwriting itself every 10 minutes or so. Horse revive is possible if the horse goes down and still shows an icon. You have a certain amount of time to use the revive before it’s dead for good. However I have had my horse get clipped by a train at the station so it went down and the train kept moving so I assume that contact killed it. It just had a saddle icon when I walked over to it, no chance to revive.

Seriously thinking about trading it and getting AC.
I played it for about an hour the day I bought it. Played it once since (for about 15 minutes). Figured I'd trade it now and get a decent amount back. It's not a terrible game, but definitely overrated IMO

Reactions: LouderVol

VN Store

Back