Recruits at the GA game

johnnybravo

Pancratz mentioned a top recruit at the GA game but didn’t say who it was....anyone know?

He has already eliminated Auburn, leaving Tennessee, Virginia, and Vandy as the three schools he is currently considering. Vandy isn't looking great. Tennessee and UVA have to look more appealing, and Knoxville is considerably closer to home than Charlottesville. Plus the home state factor is surely being played up. Johnson seems to really like Tennessee right now, according to Volquest.

We really need to get Johnson. We'll be losing Bowden and Turner, and will need a guard that can come in and play right away.

Reactions: RollerVol
Would love for one of the media guys to reach out to him for a comment

I believe it is actually against NCAA rules for the school to reach out for comment. As a High School Basketball coach, when we take a trip to a college stadium, they put all recruits in a specific section and make sure to never show that section on the jumbotron as it would be a violation. They are sticklers for stuff like that.

Reactions: sameolvol
I believe it is actually against NCAA rules for the school to reach out for comment. As a High School Basketball coach, when we take a trip to a college stadium, they put all recruits in a specific section and make sure to never show that section on the jumbotron as it would be a violation. They are sticklers for stuff like that.
He’s saying media guys, not UT media...he’s referring to someone from like volquest or 247.

Reactions: walkenvol
He’s saying media guys, not UT media...he’s referring to someone from like volquest or 247.

Got it. Well nothing on his twitter on either game, which for a top high school recruit is strange. Don't mind it. Just a commentary on the current world of High School sports and social media.

Got it. Well nothing on his twitter on either game, which for a top high school recruit is strange. Don't mind it. Just a commentary on the current world of High School sports and social media.

He’s generally quiet on social media so no shock, and honestly when you think about it that’s very common among guys UT recruits. Josiah James isn’t very active compared to others, same for Drew Pember...not saying at all that it’s something Tennessee looks at when evaluating kids just saying it’s a common theme.

He’s generally quiet on social media so no shock, and honestly when you think about it that’s very common among guys UT recruits. Josiah James isn’t very active compared to others, same for Drew Pember...not saying at all that it’s something Tennessee looks at when evaluating kids just saying it’s a common theme.

Personally, I love it. Not to be an old fart, I am 31, but I just feel like it does way more harm than good. I love the video of Grant and Fulkerson changing the tire, but one bad/mistimed or inappropriate tweet can change how the world feels about them. If the UT staff looks at the boys Twitter/Social Media accounts heavily, I love that they find the right guys.

I think that a recruit's maturity level is something that Barnes seriously evaluates. That's great.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710

VN Store

Back