'21 Recruiting Rankings Tracker

Well looking at fact there sites are dropping our best 4 and 5 stars down and the fact that we have more 3 star guys than any other if the top 15 team rankings .. I'm gonna say we finish 11 or 12 in final team ranks .. we have way too many 3 stars to warrant a top 10 class . So I'm gonna put them just outside it . Before jumping on me about this .. look at all the top 20 rank teams and see how many 3 stars they have and remember the elite teams will be adding 4 and 5 star guys late .. just being realistic..

We will add 4 and 5 star guys late too. We aren't done. Recruiting is fluid.

It sucks but you are correct. Some will go on and on about the stars and rankings don’t matter. Well if that’s the case then why is it that the teams with the highest rated recruits end up with the best records and highest rankings at the end of the year?

I love the recruiting under Pruitt. And we are beginning to see that he and his staff can be special recruiters. But we are not on OSU, UGA, Clemson, Bama or LSU level yet. Now I believe we can get there but it’s gonna take more than 8-5.
I agree

I’m gonna say that no one truly gives a flying $hit what you’re saying 🤷‍♂️ Or ever for that matter, as well. You’re just a negavol troll wanting someone to take you seriously. Begone, satan.
Lol .. get your head outta of sand and take off orange colored glasses .. just wait .. you can think we gonna have top 5 class all you want .. I'm a vol fan all my life but I'm also sensible and research before commenting.

Reactions: vettefool
Lol .. get your head outta of sand and take off orange colored glasses .. just wait .. you can think we gonna have top 5 class all you want .. I'm a vol fan all my life but I'm also sensible and research before commenting.

It's hard to say where our class will land, but comparing our average rated recruit to other teams is not the right metric to look at since it assumes all of our commits will be in our class. Comparing it to previous *final* classes is also incorrect since ratings services are usually delayed in their evaluations more so than coaching staffs are. The fact is that we're off to an excellent start. Some of the players we have committed will not progress as we were hoping and will be let go. Getting a commit locked up earlier is advantageous to our chances to land higher rated players for a few reasons... (1) the coaching staff has more time available to recruit them with fewer spots to fill (2) perceived momentum and spot scarcity puts pressure on recruits to pull the trigger (3) peer recruiting.

You need to compare where we are now on 5/21 to where our previous classes were on that date. It's a far superior position which probably means our class will end up far superior.

Imagine coming into a fact based thread and talking about what you think because you’re not smart enough to understand what the thread is even about. Then think about agreeing with it and theeeeeen continuing the conversation. Couldn’t be me.

It's hard to say where our class will land, but comparing our average rated recruit to other teams is not the right metric to look at since it assumes all of our commits will be in our class. Comparing it to previous *final* classes is also incorrect since ratings services are usually delayed in their evaluations more so than coaching staffs are. The fact is that we're off to an excellent start. Some of the players we have committed will not progress as we were hoping and will be let go. Getting a commit locked up earlier is advantageous to our chances to land higher rated players for a few reasons... (1) the coaching staff has more time available to recruit them with fewer spots to fill (2) perceived momentum and spot scarcity puts pressure on recruits to pull the trigger (3) peer recruiting.

You need to compare where we are now on 5/21 to where our previous classes were on that date. It's a far superior position which probably means our class will end up far superior.
Excellent

Reactions: kmkemp11

I can see your point as long as our higher rated guys dont keep falling....

Yall need to stop living in a fantasy land .. I'm just stating facts .. I get banned for stating facts when others on here can attack and call names .. lol ... if that's what the site admin wants .. then fine with me .. if you gonna let verbal attacks .. over someone looking at stats from the sites that has all on here so excited .. then so be it .. it's still my opinion that we have too many 3's to be top ten .. especially when they keep dropping our guys .. I'm a vol .. have been forever.. I'd love to recruit like bama, georgia, lsu, Clemson.. Ohio state with out staff .. that bad fun to watch ..
Oregon had 14 a couple years ago and got in. Clemson had 16 the same year and slid in at #10. Granted, they had 29 commits. It's doable. It's about the quality of the 3*s and being top heavy too.

Updated after adding Hudson Wolfe!!

Looks like we dropped to 3rd after Clemson's commitment on June 5th, but we are now within .16 points of them with Hudson's commitment.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Oregon had 14 a couple years ago and got in. Clemson had 16 the same year and slid in at #10. Granted, they had 29 commits. It's doable. It's about the quality of the 3*s and being top heavy too.

I think the rating services only count the 20 highest rated players in the class to compile their rating. So if we take 28, like some have said, we could have 10-12 3 stars in the final signing class and only 2-4 of the highest rated 3 stars would count against our composite number.

I think the rating services only count the 20 highest rated players in the class to compile their rating. So if we take 28, like some have said, we could have 10-12 3 stars in the final signing class and only 2-4 of the highest rated 3 stars would count against our composite number.
That’s rivals

Reactions: Devo182
You are thinking of Rivals. But yeah even 247 each additional recruit matters less and less and the bottom few hardly matter. Not that more/additional players hurt you in any way. But it really is about those top 15-20 guys for the most part.

UT will wind up in the Top Ten, but I do not see anyway to hit the Top Five. Your Top Five will be OSU, UGA, UA, CU and then one from this group: UNC (Mack doing work!), LSU (always likely), Texas, or possibly Oregon/USC. UF and AU will probably be in or close to the Top Ten as well.

UT will wind up in the Top Ten, but I do not see anyway to hit the Top Five. Your Top Five will be OSU, UGA, UA, CU and then one from this group: UNC (Mack doing work!), LSU (always likely), Texas, or possibly Oregon/USC. UF and AU will probably be in or close to the Top Ten as well.

Yep. We would need a bunch more recruits to get pretty significant bumps to make it into the top 5. Hopefully we remain n the top 10.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
You are rough, but even handed and fair mister president!

If we stopped today and lost no commits, we would be 10th (262 numerical). In 247 composite anyway. I bet we end up 5-7th. If we add Mondon, Arnold, Page, and either Dawkins or Price then we finish 5th/6th (280 numerical) at 28 commits. And we’re in the top 2 for all of those if we’re being honest

If we stopped today and lost no commits, we would be 10th (262 numerical). In 247 composite anyway. I bet we end up 5-7th. If we add Mondon, Arnold, Page, and either Dawkins or Price then we finish 5th/6th (280 numerical) at 28 commits. And we’re in the top 2 for all of those if we’re being honest
961CD3BC-C8E7-4C77-BE0C-3428012FAEFD.gif

VN Store

Back