'21 Recruiting Rankings Tracker

Why did the addition of Salter only net us 4 points when the class calculator says he is worth 13+ points?
Algorithm is based on his place in the class. So his addition lowers the values of all players below him.

Once you have 15-20+ commits, each additional guy adds very little typically (assuming you already have high rated guys, which we do). Salter is "only" our 9th highest guy.

Reactions: Carp
So for us lazy people who like to keep up but with minimal effort; is there anyway you could make a list of when the Vols major targets will announce? Thanks from all us armchair crutters :cool:

So for us lazy people who like to keep up but with minimal effort; is there anyway you could make a list of when the Vols major targets will announce? Thanks from all us armchair crutters :cool:
lol.

there's not really a list....and it's so early not a ton are scheduled. the only two i think that are set right now are Dawkins on Sunday and Miles Campbell on the 18th.

past that i'd check the 247 website for TN prospects and check some of those out and see if they have any announcement countdowns or check the threads at the top of the page that are getting the most run....

lol.

there's not really a list....and it's so early not a ton are scheduled. the only two i think that are set right now are Dawkins on Sunday and Miles Campbell on the 18th.

past that i'd check the 247 website for TN prospects and check some of those out and see if they have any announcement countdowns or check the threads at the top of the page that are getting the most run....

Thanks J4!!

Why is it on the 247 team rankings, that Florida has 15 players committed but they are showing only 12? Three is the commits are not ranked. If you applied a low three star .84 to them, the Gator score would drop from .9071 to .8936. Well below Tennessee's score of .897.

Vols avg per player is down at about 14 or 15 nationally .. we wont finish top 5 .. hopeful of top10 .. if we have this many 3 stars then it may be top 15 class when all said and done ...

Vols avg per player is down at about 14 or 15 nationally .. we wont finish top 5 .. hopeful of top10 .. if we have this many 3 stars then it may be top 15 class when all said and done ...
We will finish in the top 10 get out of here.

why do y'all even respond. dude is chumming..........lol.
tenor.gif

Show your work.

Show your work.
We're 15th, @TAD is right. But it doesn't mean that we're bad. If you average our recruits from the last month alone, that is 91.88, which is still only 10th. I'm not sure how it matters to only look at one metric like this. There is a reason why they put together a ranking system that weighs the recruits out in a metered way. Did you have a good class if you get 26 recruits at an average of 90 rating, or 18 recruits at 94 rating? It neither and it's both.

Fact of the matter is we could sit on our hands for the next 8 months and end up 16th in last year's rankings. The fact that we're high up with so many big recruits and still have so much time to work, hand out GIT shirts if necessary, and focus on football is really big. I project top 6 when all is said and done, and we take more than 25 recruits, and hand out a few GITs.

Honestly, I'd rather be in the position that we're in, than Bama, who has a .9408 average player ranking but only 5 recruits. They have a lot of work ahead of them and with less time to practice before the season, they're going to need all that time to practice, figure out personnel, and plan, rather than recruit.

Reactions: Catbone and Devo182
We're 15th, @TAD is right. But it doesn't mean that we're bad. If you average our recruits from the last month alone, that is 91.88, which is still only 10th. I'm not sure how it matters to only look at one metric like this. There is a reason why they put together a ranking system that weighs the recruits out in a metered way. Did you have a good class if you get 26 recruits at an average of 90 rating, or 18 recruits at 94 rating? It neither and it's both.

Fact of the matter is we could sit on our hands for the next 8 months and end up 16th in last year's rankings. The fact that we're high up with so many big recruits and still have so much time to work, hand out GIT shirts if necessary, and focus on football is really big. I project top 6 when all is said and done, and we take more than 25 recruits, and hand out a few GITs.

Honestly, I'd rather be in the position that we're in, than Bama, who has a .9408 average player ranking but only 5 recruits. They have a lot of work ahead of them and with less time to practice before the season, they're going to need all that time to practice, figure out personnel, and plan, rather than recruit.

No, we're 2d. Where will we end up? Who knows, but we seem to have momentum and buzz that we didn't have last year, that should keep us high.

Projections as to where we'll end up should be backed up with at least some guesses as to who we'll lose, and who we'll pick up, IMO. Hence, my "Show your work."

No, we're 2d. Where will we end up? Who knows, but we seem to have momentum and buzz that we didn't have last year, that should keep us high.

Projections as to where we'll end up should be backed up with at least some guesses as to who we'll lose, and who we'll pick up, IMO. Hence, my "Show your work."
eh.

it's really more about the math than anything else. and htere's no way to predict who stays/goes or who we finish with. for it to remain top 5/10, the core of this class needs to remain intact, that i feel comfortable in saying.

i'll just say this....on the points/average ranking, i don't think there's any realistic way we catch OSU. and there's no way Bama, UGA, Clemson (among others) say well outside the top 10.

it's going to move.....and unfortunatley, there's really no where for us to go but down....lol.

but that's not a reflection of quality...just the math....

i think this class winds up in that 5-9 range when it's all over.

now as to the OP....meh. he's just stirring ish up.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
eh.

it's really more about the math than anything else. and htere's no way to predict who stays/goes or who we finish with. for it to remain top 5/10, the core of this class needs to remain intact, that i feel comfortable in saying.

i'll just say this....on the points/average ranking, i don't think there's any realistic way we catch OSU. and there's no way Bama, UGA, Clemson (among others) say well outside the top 10.

it's going to move.....and unfortunatley, there's really no where for us to go but down....lol.

but that's not a reflection of quality...just the math....

i think this class winds up in that 5-9 range when it's all over.

now as to the OP....meh. he's just stirring ish up.

I think we're in violent agreement.

Reactions: jakez4ut

I meant in average player ranking.

If you knew where to look .. I dont have to show work .. I only stated a fact ...if they recruit over some of the 3 stars and they move on somewhere else then we will be top 10 ...but if not then I think maybe 12 . But I cam see scenario where maybe 3 or 4 of the three stars are told maybe to look around .

Well looking at fact there sites are dropping our best 4 and 5 stars down and the fact that we have more 3 star guys than any other if the top 15 team rankings .. I'm gonna say we finish 11 or 12 in final team ranks .. we have way too many 3 stars to warrant a top 10 class . So I'm gonna put them just outside it . Before jumping on me about this .. look at all the top 20 rank teams and see how many 3 stars they have and remember the elite teams will be adding 4 and 5 star guys late .. just being realistic..

Well looking at fact there sites are dropping our best 4 and 5 stars down and the fact that we have more 3 star guys than any other if the top 15 team rankings .. I'm gonna say we finish 11 or 12 in final team ranks .. we have way too many 3 stars to warrant a top 10 class . So I'm gonna put them just outside it . Before jumping on me about this .. look at all the top 20 rank teams and see how many 3 stars they have and remember the elite teams will be adding 4 and 5 star guys late .. just being realistic..

It sucks but you are correct. Some will go on and on about the stars and rankings don’t matter. Well if that’s the case then why is it that the teams with the highest rated recruits end up with the best records and highest rankings at the end of the year?

I love the recruiting under Pruitt. And we are beginning to see that he and his staff can be special recruiters. But we are not on OSU, UGA, Clemson, Bama or LSU level yet. Now I believe we can get there but it’s gonna take more than 8-5.

Reactions: Catbone
I’m gonna say that no one truly gives a flying $hit what you’re saying 🤷‍♂️ Or ever for that matter, as well. You’re just a negavol troll wanting someone to take you seriously. Begone, satan.

Stfu.

VN Store

Back