'21 Recruiting Rankings Tracker

Kind of disappointed at 10th with the way we are recruiting
lol....

i am not worried about it at all....i know it's not going to stay like it is right now til the end...unless we get Mims, Mondon and lose a little "dead weight", rating wise....too many big hitters behind us for it not to even out later on this year.

i just think it's cool that this time last year we're all trying to find a path to finish in the top 12!

and ff a year, and not only is that the absolute floor, we'd be a little miffed if it fell that far!!

it's only May means the total opposite of what it did last year!!!

I feel like we going to give a couple of our current lower recruits GIT shirts. That will clear the way for a higher ranked class.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
I feel like we going to give a couple of our current lower recruits GIT shirts. That will clear the way for a higher ranked class.
i would think it'd be hard not see some movement one way or hte other. it's soooooo early. and who knows what happens when/if the recruiting calendar gets turned back on for visits etc....

right now, i really like that the top of this class seems really, really intent on making sure everyone knows they're here to stay, theuy're actively peer recruiting like no other.....so all signs are positive for the big fish.

but i'd be shocked if we didn't lose a kid out of this class that jmost of us hoped would stay in it.....

and i'll be shocked ifw e don't add a couple more than we all really want too.

long way til December.....but this thing is more than headed in the right direction!!!!

And we'll lose some we don't want to. It's all inevitable. We'll churn out some guys and churn in some late bloomers and guys out of left field on signing day, like this staff has a knack for doing.

But I agree with Jake, already being in position for a top 10 class is pretty nice. With everything going our way, who knows a top 5 class isn't out of the question. But we'll need a much higher average.

Teams generally need to finish around 260-270 to assure a Top 10 in the 247 composite. We are nearly there, with ~6 spots to fill and some pretty good names being kicked around for those spots.

After that, it will be a question of bumps for the 3-stars and/or attrition. I like our chances for 10 being the floor.

And we'll lose some we don't want to. It's all inevitable. We'll churn out some guys and churn in some late bloomers and guys out of left field on signing day, like this staff has a knack for doing.

But I agree with Jake, already being in position for a top 10 class is pretty nice. With everything going our way, who knows a top 5 class isn't out of the question. But we'll need a much higher average.

One nice thing about this early recruiting skyrocket: I think it'll garner more early respect and attention from the elite prospects still narrowing down their choices. These past 14 days may have really been a feed-forward.

lol....

i am not worried about it at all....i know it's not going to stay like it is right now til the end...unless we get Mims, Mondon and lose a little "dead weight", rating wise....too many big hitters behind us for it not to even out later on this year.

i just think it's cool that this time last year we're all trying to find a path to finish in the top 12!

and ff a year, and not only is that the absolute floor, we'd be a little miffed if it fell that far!!

it's only May means the total opposite of what it did last year!!!
I remember what it was like on here this time a year ago... it was panic mode. Things didn't even start to look up until Keshawn Lawrence committed on June 24th. There is a completely different vibe going on with Tennessee recruiting right now.

Teams generally need to finish around 260-270 to assure a Top 10 in the 247 composite. We are nearly there, with ~6 spots to fill and some pretty good names being kicked around for those spots.

After that, it will be a question of bumps for the 3-stars and/or attrition. I like our chances for 10 being the floor.[/QUOTE

Word on the street is we can take 28 this year. I don't math well but if there is some ratings bump at the bottom of our class, some attrition which always happens, then that opens up around 10 to 12 more big fish that could join arguably one of our best classes in over 2 decades!

Why did the addition of Salter only net us 4 points when the class calculator says he is worth 13+ points?

Its sooo stupid we cant see the team rankings with 247 evals. They show show both the composite and their owns. They used to have a link, but they took it away

Why did the addition of Salter only net us 4 points when the class calculator says he is worth 13+ points?

Players only add 100% of their full "worth" when they are our top prospect. Our 5th-ranked prospect would only get abut 80% credit, 10th-ranked about 30%. And on down the line. So Salter added 13pts from his #9 slot, but everyone below him now adds a little less.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedStickVOL
Why are Lewis and Brooks listed as 5* but not on the team rankings? Is one the composite?View attachment 278443

That’s the 247 team ranking, not the composite. The composite ratings are showing for the players though. Lewis and Brooks are composite 5 stars, but high 4 stars based on 247 ratings. 247 only has 10 players ranked as 5 stars currently in their player ratings.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Players only add 100% of their full "worth" when they are our top prospect. Our 5th-ranked prospect would only get abut 80% credit, 10th-ranked about 30%. And on down the line. So Salter added 13pts from his #9 slot, but everyone below him now adds a little less.

Makes sense. Thanks

VN Store

Back