Recruiting rank vs end of season rank

J.Quest

Transform...and roll out!
Does anyone happen to have that stat??? Maybe comparing the recruiting year (X) to the finish in the polls each of the following 4 years (X,X+1,2,3,4)going back to when Fulmer took over??? (not asking for much, I know:))

I have a feeling all of the NegaVols will be all over this showing how we had great recruiting classes but Fulmer did nothing with them...just a hunch...

How's this for 1 in 1997 (the best Fulmer class) ended between 1 & 3 depending on the service signed 27 players of which 13 signed and spent time in the NFL

I posted this on 1-5-07, here it is:

uttrenddn1.png

'02 was a great class on paper that lost numerous players and were overrated. and contibuted mightly to the 05 season.
'05 class check back next year

Hey Vol in AZ:
2 quick questions:
Didn't we finish in the top 25 last year?

Is column D supposed to represent the impact of class = what that particular class/team finished?

Thanks for the posting this, btw.

How's this for 1 in 1997 (the best Fulmer class) ended between 1 & 3 depending on the service signed 27 players of which 13 signed and spent time in the NFL

Agreed. High school players are scrutinized more then ever now.

Hey Vol in AZ:
2 quick questions:

Is column D supposed to represent the impact of class = what that particular class/team finished?

I did the file before the final polls were out and I hadn't updated it.

Hey Vol in AZ:
2 quick questions:

Column D is the typical senior year for the players that signed in Column A's year. 2002's class, incoming freshmen, would typically play their senior years in 2005. Obviously with redshirts and players leaving early, it's not exact. When I look at any class, I first look at 4 years later, then 3, then 2.

VN Store

Back