Recruiting: Nuts and Bolts

Because hiring the "hot, new" coach doesn't always work. Going out and getting a guru doesn't guarantee wins. We could roll in the recruits, but results aren't guaranteed.

no, but it sure helps to have the horses. Talent overcomes a multitude of sins

Maybe we should go the Bama route and hire a new coach every 3 years. That has worked well for them. Fulmer has been very consistent during his tenure, but some of the other schools caught up under Sanders. If Cut leaves, we need to find a "hot, new" coordinator that runs things like Cut. If not, Fulmer won't be in as long as he'd like.

Maybe we should go the Bama route and hire a new coach every 3 years. That has worked well for them. Fulmer has been very consistent during his tenure, but some of the other schools caught up under Sanders. If Cut leaves, we need to find a "hot, new" coordinator that runs things like Cut. If not, Fulmer won't be in as long as he'd like.
Other than Cut coming back (and I really consider Cut and Chief to be Majors' hires) I cannot recall any hot, new anything that CPF ever hired. Maybe Rodney Garner, but he did not stick around for long.

I wish we could have held on to Garner, now we have to hold on to Trooper

which is why we will have to work to hold on to him, by the way, he's worked miracles with the receivers

VN Store

Back