Recruiting in GA (split from recruit threads)

I like this site as well. The format is easy and the information on the kid you're interested in is easily found. I agree with most of Erk's preditions and yes, 2013 in Ga is a loaded class with maybe the #1 player nationally. If any kid Uga is in the running for decides to announce now or before the games start, it doesn't look good for them picking Uga. A lot of those kids want to see Uga on the field before deciding or eliminating them.

Who is the number 1 for next year?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If that's the excuse they are using for overlooking in state players this year, it's a piss poor one and one that will cost them in 2013. To hear the chatter from many 2012 players, UGA has lost their grip on this state.

BTW, you can kiss the kid from Grayson good bye in 2013. Did you hear the undertone in his brothers voice when asked if he would visit UGA at a later date? If he could have said it, his answer would have been "HELL NO"! A lot of kids in state feel the same why.

Georgia is ripe of the picking guys!

I'm pretty sure UGA cleaned up the state just last year. The only kid that they heavily pursued that "got away" was Dickson. so now, in 3 months they've lost their grip? Hard for me to beleive.

It can happen that quickly....losing and a possible coaching change has that effect. Still to early but with Auburn so close to Athens and FSU getting in-roads in south ga again, things could get bad quickly if the season doesn't start off so well...jmo

It can happen that quickly....losing and a possible coaching change has that effect. Still to early but with Auburn so close to Athens and FSU getting in-roads in south ga again, things could get bad quickly if the season doesn't start off so well...jmo

yep. And to add to the reasons you mentioned, there hasn't been a real push for in state players and quite frankly, many have just lost interest in UGA. They're coming in late after prospects after those prospects have moved on. What's happening at UGA now is eerily similar to what happened in Knoxville at the end of Fulmer's run. He lost control of the state and to your point, it seemed to happen overnight.

I think UGA will win 8 or 9, which could be 1 more win than TN, but I think we will win the game in Knoxville.

I also think your defense will be very strong, but your offense will struggle apart from Murray to Charles which should be awesome for you.

Georgia's offense was very good last year, and the talent level, even without Green, is higher as a whole. Their defense will be even better with personnel that fit a 3-4 alignment. I'd say they're a sleeper for the SEC title. We won't win this year.

Jmoore. Earlier today, I posted something very similar.

2001 Fulmer lost his team.

That was the most talented team in his tenure (yes more talent than the 98 team).

The 2001 team wasn't even at the same talent level of the late 90's teams. Travis Stephens over Jamal Lewis, Shawn Bryson & Travis Henry? Casey Clausen over Payton Manning or Tee Martin? Any of our OL over the likes of Clifton, Coleman & Wells? Westmoreland over Raynoch Thompson? Stevenson over Al Wilson? Battle over Deon Grant? Really?

Richt's recruiting has never really been as good as Donnan's, but his current roster is still quite good, especially for this coming year, which is one of the better in-state collective recruiting efforts, at least by the numbers I've seen.

# of Top-250 Recruits Offered by UGA Who Committed to UGA
2011: 8/13
2010: 5/12
2009: 5/10
2008: 11/15
2007: 4/14
2006: 7/12
2005: 4/12
2004: 8/13
2003: 9/11

4-Year Recruiting Rates
03-06: 28/48
04-07: 23/51
05-08: 26/53
06-09: 27/51
07-10: 25/51
08-11: 29/50

So forecasting doom and gloom for Richt, just as his defense finally solidifies, is likely premature.

not sure it Richt defense is out of the woods just yet....some talk that a couple of their prized recruits may not make it to Athens, including Big John,Wilson and Kent.

Mayes is definitely not going to make it. John Jenkins is more of a paperwork issue from what I have been led to believe and one that has been cleared up. Wilson and Turene I think were always borderline which is why they were offered late.

I know from the chatter in FL that Wilson is pretty much headed to Juco...asked one of the UGA writter about it and he said that John, Kent and Wilson are border line atp from what he's hearing.

Well, whoever it was got 1 out of 4 right. Mayes will be going JUCO and we will get him back in a couple of years. The other 3 are fine though.

Georgia is still going to suck this year. You dawgs talk every year about this player and that player. Yeah, you have highly-touted players, when has that ever amounted to playing up to expectations as a team?

Georgia is still going to suck this year. You dawgs talk every year about this player and that player. Yeah, you have highly-touted players, when has that ever amounted to playing up to expectations as a team?

The volunteers are giong to suck this year. You volunteer fans talk every year about this player and that player and you still suck.

I asked you a question moron, why does Georgia still suck with so much talent?

Name calling? How old are you? You admitted the vols suck so that pretty much clears up any questions. Now a REAL question: You think the vols have a better record than UGA in 2011?

This is a reply? Stick to the discussion instead of googling bad one liners.

Why can't he? You're too much of a chicken **** to answer my question as to why Georgia went 6-7 last year and lost to UCF of all teams, with the "Dream team" full of some of the best talent in the nation.

VN Store

Back