‘23 Recruiting Forum: Official UTSA Pregame/Game Thread

I missed a good chunk of the game, but on the surface, seems like we played a much better game than we have the last two weeks aside from a slow start to the second half.
Team played well. UTSA switched QBs at the half and had some success early, but we adjusted fairly well and closed out strong. Some injuries, but hopefully just holding guys out for precaution to keep them healthy for USC.

Last edited:
Need to start putting complete games together next week. We have these long lapses and just go into a downward spiral on both sides of the ball. Can’t have that anymore going forward.

Also, we really need Joe to keep the football more on the read to make this offense more effective and I think it also makes him better throwing the football. Hope they will trust that happening with him being a little banged up.

It's not the S.C. game I would be worried about...this team will be so damn intent on revenge from last season I see them refusing to lose.... the A&M game gives me a little more doubt...but they play Bama at home during Tennessee bye week...so either you will face a team on cloud nine after beating Bama or a team licking their wounds after losing to Bama..jmo.....

Need to start putting complete games together next week. We have these long lapses and just go into a downward spiral on both sides of the ball. Can’t have that anymore going forward.

Also, we really need Joe to keep the football more on the read to make this offense more effective and I think it also makes him better throwing the football. Hope they will trust that happening with him being a little banged up.
His accuracy took a huge dip after his knee got pretzeled hopefully it was a minor muscle strain and not a knee sprain or worse. Knock on wood. Need him throwing like he was before that next week. If he throws like he did after he got hurt then we’ll be in trouble.

It is reminiscent of 2021. It seemed like we came out like gang busters and would look like we were going to run teams out of the stadium. Then we would go on a quarter or two long drought before getting it back together. That was the difference in that 2021 team being 7-6 or 10-3 or even 11-2.

VN Store

Back