‘23 Recruiting Forum: Official Missouri Pregame/Game Thread

My A&M insider buddy that I went to the Vols/Aggie game with just texted me to say that Jimbo is gone, perhaps as early as today

The problem I have with Heupel is the da** offensive play calling. It has been bad nearly all season. Run, run, throw a 4 yard pass when you need 7 and then punt!

On another note, I have never been thoroughly impressed with Tim Banks, but if this off season we don’t let go of Willie Martinez, that will be another issue I have with Heupel. It was a terrible hire to start with and is still terrible today.

Is that the problem? Or is it execution? Have you broken down the film?

We had way bigger issues with last years team, the difference between then and now…
We had a QB who made damn near every play, he didn’t turn the ball over and he owned the red zone. He covered up the entire teams blemishes.
This year we have a QB, who is one of those holes, and in this era of football, you can not beat top 25 teams with a QB who isn’t a willing runner or makes the right reads and throws accurately on time.
Even when he has a decent stat line, he can’t make enough plays to put points on the board. Good teams can drop 7 or 8 bc he is not the runner you’d think a 6’4 240lb 4.5 forty guy would be.

Vanderbilt game needs to be a Nico game

We had way bigger issues with last years team, the difference between then and now…
We had a QB who made damn near every play, he didn’t turn the ball over and he owned the red zone. He covered up the entire teams blemishes.
This year we have a QB, who is one of those holes, and in this era of football, you can not beat top 25 teams with a QB who isn’t a willing runner or makes the right reads and throws accurately on time.
Even when he has a decent stat line, he can’t make enough plays to put points on the board. Good teams can drop 7 or 8 bc he is not the runner you’d think a 6’4 240lb 4.5 forty guy would be.

Amazing you can watch the last few games and think Milton isn’t a willing runner. Dude looks at defenders and literally tries to run through them lol

Joe Guarantano

Amazing you can watch the last few games and think Milton isn’t a willing runner. Dude looks at defenders and literally tries to run through them lol
I absolutely can. He finished those runs well but the pocket statue happens way more often then the 5 times he ran where he lowered his shoulder.

Is that the problem? Or is it execution? Have you broken down the film?
Martinez’ contract has not been renewed/extended. It expires after this year. Only coach that hasn’t been extended. That pretty much tells me I’m not wrong along with the fact that VQ has brought that up several times basically hinting that he won’t be back next year.

So take what I said with a grain of salt.
Take what VQ has said multiple times with a grain of salt.
Take Heupels lack of extending his contract with a grain of salt.

That gives you 3 grains of salt.

Martinez’ contract has not been renewed/extended. It expires after this year. Only coach that hasn’t been extended. That pretty much tells me I’m not wrong along with the fact that VQ has brought that up several times basically hinting that he won’t be back next year.

So take what I said with a grain of salt.
Take what VQ has said multiple times with a grain of salt.
Take Heupels lack of extending his contract with a grain of salt.

That gives you 3 grains of salt.
i dont follow.

Ive always heard 'grade of slaw.'

Last edited:
I absolutely can. He finished those runs well but the pocket statue happens way more often then the 5 times he ran where he lowered his shoulder.

I would argue against him even finishing those runs well. He stutter steps and then lunges into the defenders. I wish their QB would “finish” his runs like that. Joe is one of the most mechanical, non-instinctive good athletes I’ve ever seen. The game sealing run and slide against KY was one time I thought he looked like a player. I couldn’t believe people thought he was going to be good and then when he wasn’t, people suggested he should move to tight end in the NFL. Have you seen NFL tight ends? Players, including QBs, can develop but they don’t develop instincts.

Reactions: LaagerVol
I hate this place after a loss...you idiots with your stupid expectations are gonna run us right back into oblivion.

I wouldn't wanna coach for you fickle a******s....I used to think we deserved better than we've gotten over the last 15 years...but comments like the dumb 💩 I've seen in here are really making me start to feel differently.

We are a toxic dump.
A Thousand Storms  - 20  dance.gif
Now, Now calm down. We all know some people think we are supposed to be Elite NOW. It don't work that way and even fewer realize how much the portal thing has really made it that much harder. It takes time to build and recruit on the level you need to be Elite and considering where we were 3 or 4 tears ago we are moving in that direction. Yes we need to do a better job on defense and the offense has been hurt by spot play at times but you have to get the right pieces in place at the right time and do that year after year to be Elite. We'll get there, I really think we will but the get there now crowd will always want more, often times not realizing what it takes or considering where we were at......WE JUST WENT TO COURT FOR RECRUITING VIOLATIONS THIS YEAR, do people not think EVERYBODY was using that against us. Be calm, be pissed when we lose but understand GREAT things are just ahead.

re-watched the game, we played cover two alot, where the **** were the safeties on the deep sideline shots??

I originally blamed Doneiko for staring in the backfield but he actually was doing his job. SMH

Boo Carter Cant get here fast enough
My son was screaming about the corner and on replay I showed him it was the dang safety who rotated to the opposite side where we already had two over there bracketing. It was walker. He screwed up big time.

I hate this place after a loss...you idiots with your stupid expectations are gonna run us right back into oblivion.

I wouldn't wanna coach for you fickle a******s....I used to think we deserved better than we've gotten over the last 15 years...but comments like the dumb 💩 I've seen in here are really making me start to feel differently.

We are a toxic dump.
Yea this message board is the reason why we're not winning. That's what's stupid.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
🖕 you and the horse you rode in on...if you think a massive insane fanbase going toxic has no effect on a major program...then that's what is stupid.
The fanbase isn't toxic. Only people who think message boards have any affect on our team is toxic. This board was terrible when we sucked for years and believe it or not, we got better. It's a miracle cause our message board is so toxic. 🙄

VN Store

Back