'20 Recruiting Forum: Official Missouri Pregame/Game Thread

Vols 27
Mizzou 21

I'm not over the high fast balls out of the strike zone that JG threw often against USCjr. Mizzou DC will watch the video and lick his chops with zone looks. Running game and better D will win the game for the good guys.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Vols 31
Mizzou 20

Mizzou will give us their typical fits, but we bow up in the redzone on defense and limit some to FGs. Their average passing target was an absurd 3.8 yards downfield last week. We just have to keep them in front of us and contain...which means we won't a time or two early, but get in gear after that.

Mizzou causing 9 TFLs vs Bama is saying something. Bolton will play big and they will get enough havoc plays on us to stifle a few drives, but we will hit multiple deep shots too and I'll say an RB breaks a bigun.

I'll also take the OVER on 100 pages of B'ing and moaning on VN as well.

Last edited:
I would like to see Shrout/Bailey/Maurer given some meaningful snaps. I don't want the year to go by with 100% JG. No excuse next year regarding inexperienced QBs.

Please, no responses regarding JG returning for yet another year.

We clean up the Defense and we hit big plays on Offense in the Run and Pass game. I think we will attempt to run more this game. 42-17 Vols!

Reactions: franklinpence
Enough shotgun runs for next 100 yarr?
I would like to see us come out like we did the last series of the game for one random series to catch the defense off guard. If we get the ball with around 5 minutes left in the first half we should just come out in a jumbo package and run it all the way down the field.

I would like to see us come out like we did the last series of the game for one random series to catch the defense off guard. If we get the ball with around 5 minutes left in the first half we should just come out in a jumbo package and run it all the way down the field.
we act like the pistol, offset or I is somehow some rare Earth formation. it can be used, and, you can still be multiple. Heck, Cutcliffe did it back in the day.

Reactions: BennesseeVols

VN Store

Back