'22 Recruiting Forum: Official Georgia Pregame/Game Thread

I mean sure, I guess they could have scored more in an alternate timeline.
They could have scored whenever they wanted. They passed at will, they ran at will. They demolished the defense. We never, never pressured Bennett. I think you're the one living in an alternate universe. 🤣

Reactions: Smokey19rt
They could have scored whenever they wanted. They passed at will, they ran at will. They demolished the defense. We never, never pressured Bennett. I think you're the one living in an alternate universe. 🤣

No, I am here in reality. The reality where they scored 14 below their season average and we scored 36 below our average.

All I was saying is the DC wasn’t the problem in this game.

We blitzed early, and Bennett ran some hot routes or ran away from it. We have to get some pressure with 4 occasionally.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Spot on . Why is he not a 1st round pick and Levis is?
Not knocking him, love what he does in this offense, and the success he’s had!!
But against 80% of the opponents (that have = or less talent ) this Offense gives him adequate time to pick among 2-3 open receivers. He’s exceptional in games like that.
But against a much more talented UGA there is pressure every play and even when a receiver is open, it’s a very tight window.
He is average in situations like this.
I think it showed tonight, probably went to the wrong reciever a few times tonight, overthrew the 3 times we were open deep and held it several times when he should of threw it out of bounds.
Basically UGA is his cryptonite.

Yes, but why is Levis still a 1st rounder? He isn’t better.

Spot on . Why is he not a 1st round pick and Levis is?
Not knocking him, love what he does in this offense, and the success he’s had!!
But against 80% of the opponents (that have = or less talent ) this Offense gives him adequate time to pick among 2-3 open receivers. He’s exceptional in games like that.
But against a much more talented UGA there is pressure every play and even when a receiver is open, it’s a very tight window.
He is average in situations like this.
I think it showed tonight, probably went to the wrong reciever a few times tonight, overthrew the 3 times we were open deep and held it several times when he should of threw it out of bounds.
Basically UGA is his cryptonite.

Wait so QBs are better when they have more time to throw?

Reactions: KptVFL
No, I am here in reality. The reality where they scored 14 below their season average and we scored 36 below our average.

All I was saying is the DC wasn’t the problem in this game.
It was the problem. It's been the problem most of the year. The guy sucks. The offense sucked today too but they've carried that pathetic defense all year. Everyone in the universe knows our secondary is our weakness, yet he continues to make them cover for 30 seconds by rushing 4 against 6-7 blockers. Meanwhile, the GA DC sent blitzes from everywhere therefore confusing and disrupting our offense. You keep carrying that water though.

We blitzed early, and Bennett ran some hot routes or ran away from it. We have to get some pressure with 4 occasionally.
If you blitz it also helps the defense when your not blitzing. GA was getting some pressure with 4 but blitzed far more than we did. When did blitz we sent a line backer. That's it. Banks is the weak link on this team.

We blitzed Banks off the edge in the red zone in the second quarter, and correctly, Bennett threw right at it. He was carving it up.
Our front 4 wasnt getting close. You have to take chances at times, im not saying blitz every rip, but you have to create pressure.

It was the problem. It's been the problem most of the year. The guy sucks. The offense sucked today too but they've carried that pathetic defense all year. Everyone in the universe knows our secondary is our weakness, yet he continues to make them cover for 30 seconds by rushing 4 against 6-7 blockers. Meanwhile, the GA DC sent blitzes from everywhere therefore confusing and disrupting our offense. You keep carrying that water though.

I’m not “carrying water” lol. Seems like it bothers you that I see it differently than you? I never said he’s been good all year. I think the defense has been effective enough. The staff knows what they have on the roster.

And in this game I strongly believe the offense was the problem.

Reactions: KptVFL and I4Jay
I’m not “carrying water” lol. Seems like it bothers you that I see it differently than you? I never said he’s been good all year. I think the defense has been effective enough. The staff knows what they have on the roster.

The offense definitely **** the bed. I've been anti banks cause I don't like his schemes but if you told me that we gave up 27, I'd think it was close or we blew them out. Georgia also ran the clock heavily at the end.

If you blitz it also helps the defense when your not blitzing. GA was getting some pressure with 4 but blitzed far more than we did. When did blitz we sent a line backer. That's it. Banks is the weak link on this team.

Maybe, maybe not. But your suggestion is just too simple. We’ve blitzed and also played man many times and gotten burned. We played man on multiple 4th downs against UF, and they converted. We put Slaughter on an island today, and he got beat. If it was just that easy. Stetson Bennett handled the blitz quite well today. QB’s like that will eat it up.

Wait so QBs are better when they have more time to throw?
Yes.
But the point, none are perfect. They all have some things they don’t do well.
But there are some that do much better under pressure than others.
Peyton couldn’t run , didn’t have a particularly strong arm but still was great.

You are defending him, that is the definition of carrying water for him. Seems like it bothers you that I see it differently than you. The offense has covered for this defense for 1-1/2 season now. If you can't see that GA could have scored at least two more touchdowns and believe that they didn't go conservative to run clock, there's really no point in continuing this conversation. They did whatever they wanted to do.

As to the offense, I've stated Heupel/Golesh/Hooker had a terrible game and game plan. About as bland as I've seen it. It's rare for the offense to lay an egg. It's not rare for the defense, it's a regular occurrence, even in wins. The Vols have won many games in spit of the defense, not because of the defense.

Maybe, maybe not. But your suggestion is just too simple. We’ve blitzed and also played man many times and gotten burned. We played man on multiple 4th downs against UF, and they converted. We put Slaughter on an island today, and he got beat. If it was just that easy. Stetson Bennett handled the blitz quite well today. QB’s like that will eat it up.
Well how well did not blitzing work?

Our front 4 wasnt getting close. You have to take chances at times, im not saying blitz every rip, but you have to create pressure.
They did take chances at times and usually got burned. See Mitchell wiff on Bennett and other similar plays.
I’m gonna hire Bob Baffert to put my mule in the Kentucky derby so you guys can talk about how he sucks as a trainer

Everybody needs to drink some water, plug their phones in, turn back your clocks, and go to bed. We still good. Good enough to win it all. Night fellas. Always great to be a Vol!

Reactions: MuletownVawl
They did take chances at times and usually got burned. See Mitchell wiff on Bennett and other similar plays.
I’m gonna hire Bob Baffert to put my mule in the Kentucky derby so you guys can talk about how he sucks as a trainer
After the Mitchell miss, which I mentioned earlier, Banks went straight send 4. He gets beat once or twice and just gives up on pressures. Hes terrible schematically.

VN Store

Back