'20 Recruiting Forum: Official Florida Pregame/Game Thread

@bignewt is my muscle. Couldn't afford real muscle so I went with one that talks a good game.
giphy.gif

Need to say this just because.

UF is going to score its average 45 or so. We lost our best pass rusher because he liked weed, guns and dealing better than playing football. They have Pitts and it would take three of our mediocre d-backs to defend just him. They have a quality QB who gets the receivers the ball and checks them into the right plays. UF has better ST than us. The have a HC who actually knows how to be a HC, despite posters on here claiming he is meh. They've only lost one SEC game this season, by 3 points, to the other next best team in the SEC. Their D has grown and improved since that early season loss, so they are probably an undefeated quality team going into the SECCG. UGA would have been right there with them had JT Thomas been able to start the season at QB.

We have a rookie QB with talent. We will see how developed he is. I expect we score more points than usual, but we will lose this big due to a sucky D - Jeremy's specialty. It used to be so Vol-like to go into an obvious loss and pull out a miraculous win. Not anymore. Our teams basically quit, wilt under pressure against the quality teams. 0-8 says it all.

I will watch every second of it in real time because I am a stupid Vol Fan 4 Life. I want to watch match-ups to see just how far away this team is from being a factor in the SEC. I want to see how quickly Coach McGoogle can "restore confidence" in the program if UT lucked up and hit the jackpot. I'm thinking we are at least 2-3 years away if they do, but will get a better understanding when I see HB at the helm. For you Salter fans, he's not on campus yet. You know nothing about him at this level. So he isn't the answer until he is the answer. He may be the next Patrick Mahomey, we just don't know yet. Currently, I suspect HB is the answer to a major part of the pressing, current question - which is what QB has a pulse that can play better than the statue known as JG?

Reactions: SoilVol
Need to say this just because.

UF is going to score its average 45 or so. We lost our best pass rusher because he liked weed, guns and dealing better than playing football. They have Pitts and it would take three of our mediocre d-backs to defend just him. They have a quality QB who gets the receivers the ball and checks them into the right plays. UF has better ST than us. The have a HC who actually knows how to be a HC, despite posters on here claiming he is meh. They've only lost one SEC game this season, by 3 points, to the other next best team in the SEC. Their D has grown and improved since that early season loss, so they are probably an undefeated quality team going into the SECCG. UGA would have been right there with them had JT Thomas been able to start the season at QB.

We have a rookie QB with talent. We will see how developed he is. I expect we score more points than usual, but we will lose this big due to a sucky D - Jeremy's specialty. It used to be so Vol-like to go into an obvious loss and pull out a miraculous win. Not anymore. Our teams basically quit, wilt under pressure against the quality teams. 0-8 says it all.

I will watch every second of it in real time because I am a stupid Vol Fan 4 Life. I want to watch match-ups to see just how far away this team is from being a factor in the SEC. I want to see how quickly Coach McGoogle can "restore confidence" in the program if UT lucked up and hit the jackpot. I'm thinking we are at least 2-3 years away if they do, but will get a better understanding when I see HB at the helm. For you Salter fans, he's not on campus yet. You know nothing about him at this level. So he isn't the answer until he is the answer. He may be the next Patrick Mahomey, we just don't know yet. Currently, I suspect HB is the answer to a major part of the pressing, current question - which is what QB has a pulse that can play better than the statue known as JG?

1 - UGA would still not be on FL’s level. Not this year.

2 - hard to say the team has quit when dudes aren’t opting out. I mean they literally have no reason to stick around except they WANT to be out there

3 - agree, FL will score. And score lots.

4 - I also can’t wait to see how HB does 🤞

I could forgive a lot with an upset.
you say that....and on some level i might agree.

but i was ready to fire Butch after the 2016 season, that included w's over UGA and FL....

there's a lot to overcome right now. a win tomorrow would be a great start.

but that isn't happening.....there's just not enough...hell, not any...football reasons to point to and say "if we do this or that we can win"....

everyone's talking about how bad thier defense is, but if you look at their recent trends on defense, they've improved a great deal the past 3 weeks....and our offense isn't exactly lighting it up. if you're florida, this is a great 'get right' game for your defense.

Reactions: MarcoVol
you say that....and on some level i might agree.

but i was ready to fire Butch after the 2016 season, that included w's over UGA and FL....

there's a lot to overcome right now. a win tomorrow would be a great start.

but that isn't happening.....there's just not enough...hell, not any...football reasons to point to and say "if we do this or that we can win"....

everyone's talking about how bad thier defense is, but if you look at their recent trends on defense, they've improved a great deal the past 3 weeks....and our offense isn't exactly lighting it up. if you're florida, this is a great 'get right' game for your defense.

Killing their slim chance to be in the playoff would be spectacular.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
I unequivocally agree with Josh Wards guest this week. You do NOT fire Beldar this year just bc of record. If you do, you BETTER get it right. Freeze is clearly not the answer. And, there is no one out there right now who is worth $20 million in buyouts plus another $20 in staff.

Reactions: jwilliams
I unequivocally agree with Josh Wards guest this week. You do NOT fire Beldar this year just bc of record. If you do, you BETTER get it right. Freeze is clearly not the answer. And, there is no one out there right now who is worth $20 million in buyouts plus another $20 in staff.
How is freeze clearly not the answer?

Reactions: Rocky_Top_Vol13
Yep. Would definitely be down with a 4th year with some assistant changes. However, I see no way it happens with the trash we have seen on the field since the 2nd half of Georgia.
The "trash" has been taken out of the equation this week. We're going to see a totally different VOLUNTEER team tomorrow. We're fixing to win this game and shock the world when it happens. VN's loyalty will be rewarded tomorrow.

How is freeze clearly not the answer?
i'd hire freeze.

but, really? dude has a TON of legit, verified, baggage that would have to be dealt with, and for us, in particular with how we rioted against Schiano over hearsay evidence about seeing something sandusky did....

the word hypocrite comes to mind, and we'd better get used to hearing it....early and often.....the admin at large and other influencers may not want to deal with that......

Reactions: GojiraVol17
i'd hire freeze.

but, really? dude has a TON of legit, verified, baggage that would have to be dealt with, and for us, in particular with how we rioted against Schiano over hearsay evidence about seeing something sandusky did....

the word hypocrite comes to mind, and we'd better get used to hearing it....early and often.....the admin at large and other influencers may not want to deal with that......
Just listen. Guy knows first hand what a douche Freeze is. Not that it matters, bc he and Fulmer barely speak. I gaurandamntee you Randy Boydo wont go against Fulmer's wishes, as least as it pertains to this decision.

Just listen. Guy knows first hand what a douche Freeze is. Not that it matters, bc he and Fulmer barely speak. I gaurandamntee you Randy Boydo wont go against Fulmer's wishes, as least as it pertains to this decision.
either way, i think there's plenty of legit reasons to not hire him....and while i would, i certainly get it as to why it ain't happening. and that's fine...i've basically moved on from the notion.....to me, it's a non starter.

either way, i think there's plenty of legit reasons to not hire him....and while i would, i certainly get it as to why it ain't happening. and that's fine...i've basically moved on from the notion.....to me, it's a non starter.
if buyout for Beldar wasnt so high, would be worth a risk. But, it is. If we want to be in with the big boys, we need to find the right experienced guy, pay the money, and let him do his ****ing job.

i'd hire freeze.

I can understand the fan base being viewed as hypocrites. I didn't want schiano because he is a crappy coach. I will say this again. I find it hilarious Hugh Freeze is acceptable for a Christian college, but he is not good enough for the university of tennessee. When he goes to Auburn next year, no one will say a thing when they are sitting top 10 in the country. Meanwhile, we will be getting our teeth kicked in by our former playboy Lane Kiffin in Knoxville.

*Not throwing you in that category of thinking. Mainly talking about UT Admin

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I can understand the fan base being viewed as hypocrites. I didn't want schiano because he is a crappy coach. I will say this again. I find it hilarious Hugh Freeze is acceptable for a Christian college, but he is not good enough for the university of tennessee. When he goes to Auburn next year, no one will say a thing when they are sitting top 10 in the country. Meanwhile, we will be getting our teeth kicked in by our former playboy Lane Kiffin in Knoxville.

gotcha, and i, personally don't disagree....but as for his current employer....nobody cares about LIberty...that's why it's not polarizing.

him coming here....yeah, that'd move the dial.

I'm not listening to a podcast. I didn't know if you meant the baggage part or the coaching ability
Ok. That's seems like a completely rational response.

You can listen to the podcast if you want more in depth info man. We're all adults here. If you want a well thought out, informed opinion on Hugh Freeze from qualified authority, then listen. He also goes in depth into expectations and what we should realistically expect from our own program, as fans.

Knocks it out of the park, imo.

Reactions: Glocker_Alum_2005

gotcha, and i, personally don't disagree....but as for his current employer....nobody cares about LIberty...that's why it's not polarizing.

him coming here....yeah, that'd move the dial.

Also Liberty hasn’t exactly been the torchbearer for those good Christian values they so often preach about. When your leadership is rotten, the whole place is rotten.

That being said, hire Hugh Freeze.

New HC's job is to win and stay out of trouble with UT (his bosses) and the NCAA. That's it. A lot of lesser duties apply - but if he does those three well he will be successful. Which will make us happy. Would be nice to talk about actual football plays and players when they mean something.

Freeze, Sark, Napier - that type does it for me. They like to win and are innovative on the offensive side of the ball. They've seen a lot of ball and have dealt with setbacks.

Freeze is no Mahlzahn. Mahlzah's O is totally dependent on the inside zone run game working. His passing game is too simplistic to get it done consistently. Bo Nix is in his second year and does anybody believe he is developing well? Which is why Auburn is totally dependent on talent to win and is inconsistent in the win column year to year. Freeze needs a home like UT long term. He knows how to coach on game days. He can recruit. He stays up to date on schemes and adapts to his players. He's always had to take underdog programs without the resources to compete with elites. Yet, still wins some games against them.

VN Store

Back