'21 Recruiting Forum: Official Bama Pregame/Game Thread

We got manhandled in the fourth. Not through the first 3. The team played tough with no quit in them, and so did the coaches. Look, I’m not into moral victories, but I keep seeing a team that believes in itself. When was the last time you saw that? And against Alabama no less. Take your blah, blah, blah somewhere else. As I said in another thread, you and all the realist fans would be out in full force after the game to thump your chests and declare “you’re right”. That’s all y’all really care about.

Lol. I love this team and this staff. I am just sick and tired of not being able to beat good teams. I believe in this team. They fight and play hard. But at the end of the day we get beat by the teams that matter. That’s all I am saying. It sucks. And I don’t know when it’s ever gonna end.

Seriously Jake...why don't you just skip the next few years? I wanted to see a team that competed no matter what...and we have one. That is enough for me RIGHT NOW...

That's exactly how I feel McGill. We haven't seen any player development in years. In fact, I was beginning to wonder if I would ever see it again. We have seen it with this staff. When is the last time that you felt like we had a team that would even compete? After tonight, I feel we can win again in any game we play. Like you said for NOW I am happy and can't wait for another class to come in and some Spring ball to get them ready for the Fall.

Twas more asking, defense wasnt terrible when he was here and he was highly regarded before going back to the WC

Lol…highly regarded on two teams that won 4 SEC games. You are just trying too hard. Defending a coach who sucked but criticizing a coach who regular people can clearly see is making progress.

Yep. We've taken every angle to prop up every coach we've had the last 3 years. At the end of the day, Heupel has to be able to produce some wins against teams that aren't awful. I'm hopeful he can do that. But we've seen this song and dance for 12 years.

Heupel has to recruit top 15 classes at a minimum. He has to improve in-game coaching.
Honestly..I dunt care where his recruiting classes rank. He's already shown he and this staff can get great effort. He's already shown they can show relatively fast improvement.

What they need to do is build the roster. Build depth, and develop talent they get.

The biggest difference from what these coaches see in the sec vs what they're used to is the LOS. And we need a room if depth on both sides of it.

Tonight was definitely the former. He played hard and put forth a gutsy effort, but he definitely wasn't moving well. Obviously wasn't 100%
After watching his old VT tape it is kind of obvious he is not moving as quickly or fluidly as he is capable of...I mean how could he be? He has taken a beating this year.

Honestly..I dunt care where his recruiting classes rank. He's already shown he and this staff can get great effort. He's already shown they can show relatively fast improvement.

What they need to do is build the roster. Build depth, and develop talent they get.

The biggest difference from what these coaches see in the sec vs what they're used to is the LOS. And we need a room if depth on both sides of it.

More OL depth and we would have a better record this year.

Agree with building depth, but you gotta get talent. Can't scheme around the Aaron Beasley's of the world.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Lol. I love this team and this staff. I am just sick and tired of not being able to beat good teams. I believe in this team. They fight and play hard. But at the end of the day we get beat by the teams that matter. That’s all I am saying. It sucks. And I don’t know when it’s ever gonna end.
I’m sick of it too. This is year one (not the bs year zero). We did get beat, but we were more competitive in three quarters than I’ve see in a few years. It makes me hopeful for next year. I haven’t felt that in a long time. We’re already past where most of us thought we would be now in the season.

Reactions: gainesvol82
No. I didn't.

But like I told my wife... You go in to a game understanding the reality. And I do.

Then, you're in the 4th qtr in a one possession game.

At that point.. Reality changes to 'ok we got a shot'.

And we lose almost every one of those games.... Against any team that matters to us.

So, of you're gonna lose by 3+ TDS, get it over early.

And I know.. Depth, talent.. I'm not naive.

I'm not mad at this staff. I'm not mad at the players.

I'm sick of this situation.
This, Jake! ☝

Officials are what they are, absolutely; Bama can hold, block in the back, and launch themselves all game, but its the other team that gets 13 penalties.

With that said, same thing happened tonight, that's been happening no matter the coach, QB, whatever...Tennessee wilted. That's it! Tennessee wilts. We had MANY chances tonight, and didn't make the plays; MANY chances before the fatigue, depth, 4th quarter came. We didn't make the plays and capitalize whenever we had the chances. Bama did. Bama has. We didn't. We haven't.

In every single one of these games over the last decade, we either drop a pass or throw a pick...we either false start or fall down...we either personal foul or drop a pick 6...we either throw the football whenever we're pass the los or we have a breakdown in communication...we either give up 3rd and forevers or we miss 5 to 10 tackles...we either let the opposing teams QB scramble all over the field or we give up a big sack. It's the same story.

Tonight, I am utterly disgusted.

VN Store

Back