'20 Recruiting Forum: Official Arkansas Pregame/Game Thread

Not really that simple.
Honestly, it kind of is. I like you and respect you, jacket, so understand that this is not directed towards you. Could you do us a huge favor and tell Fulmer to let the administration know we are done with having chicken crap given to us and told that it’s chicken salad. Go out and hire a real head coach with real SEC experience! He’s coaching at liberty right now and would come in a heartbeat for the same money that we’re paying Pruitt. Tell Fulmer to swallow his pride and his personal vendetta, and just make it happen. If we start winning, he knows good and well that the revenue generated by this fan base for a winning program will obliterate any amount of money they have to pay for buyout.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Honestly, it kind of is. I like you and respect you, jacket, so understand that this is not directed towards you. Could you do us a huge favor and tell Fulmer to let the administration know we are done with having chicken crap given to us and told that it’s chicken salad. Go out and hire a real head coach with real SEC experience! He’s coaching at liberty right now and would come in a heartbeat for the same money that we’re paying Pruitt. Tell Fulmer to swallow his pride and his personal vendetta, and just make it happen. If we start winning, he knows good and well that the revenue generated by this fan base for a winning program will obliterate any amount of money they have to pay for buyout.
i'm sure as a former player, HOF HC, and now AD Fulmer doesnt need counsel on what expectations are from the fan base. No sense in wasting your breath.

I'll continue to support this program, the team I love, and it's players both financially & in other arenas like Basketball. The game may be on in background, and may even not get turned on. Fact is im not letting this take an ounce of joy away. It's a joke of a product. I like Jeremy, but this team gave up. Three times this year, they quit. That is coaching. Fifth year QB's should know the offense, and, we should prepare our all world qb to do more than check down in a two minute offense. Further, against a crap KY and Arkansas team, they really are trash. We should be competitive, we should never lose those games.

Edit: NEVER lose those games

Last edited:
Would recommend everyone listen to Doug Matthews “Big Orange Sunday” Podcast should be up later today. He took no prisoners and had very salient points. An example “We have either 5 coaches coaching no one or 4 coaches coaching one position”. Very critical of the lack of offensive creativity.
as he should be. this is a waste of our money & the Schools. i was very defensive about Pruitt last months, this was inexcusable.

Would recommend everyone listen to Doug Matthews “Big Orange Sunday” Podcast should be up later today. He took no prisoners and had very salient points. An example “We have either 5 coaches coaching no one or 4 coaches coaching one position”. Very critical of the lack of offensive creativity.
AP pointed this out on their podcast on YouTube. Said we have 6 coaches on offense and 3 on defense. Also pointed out an interview he did with Jacob Warren where Warren pointed out he was having to teach his position coach (Osovet) things about the position he was coaching. Also pointed out Neids coaching a position he had never played or coached (ILB)

Reactions: UTSuave’
AP pointed this out on their podcast on YouTube. Said we have 6 coaches on offense and 3 on defense. Also pointed out an interview he did with Jacob Warren where Warren pointed out he was having to teach his position coach (Osovet) things about the position he was coaching. Also pointed out Neids coaching a position he had never played or coached (ILB)
Our inside linebackers looks significantly worse this year than last year.

Hubbs and AP saying everything weve all said on PC. Complete and total **** show.

These coaches didnt coach.

Play HB. Saying he cant run is BS. He can. He can throw. He'll get hurt? He's 6'5" 225.

Play him.

AP, preach brutha. Chahey should refund the money.

Who was it that said Ark wins like 27-14 or something like that and I replied with that gif of a guy getting punched?

I owe someone props for their rather precise prediction

Reactions: Devo182
Being aggressive is one thing, being smart is another. We needed 2 scores. Kick the field goal. We got the stop the next series and drove it to the 15 with “ a chance” to tie it up. That’s all you can ask for at that stage in the game. When we didn’t make it he essentially took us out of the game. We ended up using all the time remaining to score a touchdown and couldn’t. To be honest he had the chance again with about 20 seconds after the long completion to kick the field goal. There would have been 15 seconds left on the clock. Enough time to onside kick, quick pass out of bounds and Hail Mary.

I understand the argument, but I just didn’t see that as a huge deal. Down and distance and place on the field are factors in that decision. If it’s 4th and 5+, he kicks it. If it’s somewhere else we j the field, he might kick it.

I understand it being HB’s first throw, and that’s on the coaches. But the decision to go there is down my list of problems. Pruitt went for a 4th down against Mizzou that people praised, but I said then that it was dumb. People praised it because it worked. People put too much into hindsight whether it works or not.

1604899573484.gif

Agreed. What has Neids actually done on the trail since the 19 class? I think we were too quick to label him such a good assistant.

Can’t believe he’s in the position he is really. A young jabroni who found a niche and earned Pruitt’s trust. Now he’s a rich young jabroni.

I understand the argument, but I just didn’t see that as a huge deal. Down and distance and place on the field are factors in that decision. If it’s 4th and 5+, he kicks it. If it’s somewhere else we j the field, he might kick it.

I understand it being HB’s first throw, and that’s on the coaches. But the decision to go there is down my list of problems. Pruitt went for a 4th down against Mizzou that people praised, but I said then that it was dumb. People praised it because it worked. People put too much into hindsight whether it works or not.
It wasn't at the end of the game and down 2 scores when we went for it on 4th down either. He also had a chance to kick it again with 20 seconds left down 11. Kick it an try onside kick. If we recover we have time for maybe one pass to sideline and then hail mary. Down 2 scores we we kept trying to score TD knowing we didn't have enough time to score again.

Reactions: VolGee4
It wasn't at the end of the game and down 2 scores when we went for it on 4th down either. He also had a chance to kick it again with 20 seconds left down 11. Kick it an try onside kick. If we recover we have time for maybe one pass to sideline and then hail mary. Down 2 scores we we kept trying to score TD knowing we didn't have enough time to score again.

I agree about the final drive. I was more discussing the failed 4th down when there was clear PI.

I agree about the final drive. I was more discussing the failed 4th down when there was clear PI.
Yeah I know. Just felt like if we didn't get points there we had no chance, especially since we ran it the first 6 plays of that series down 2 scores.

VN Store

Back