'19 Recruiting Forum: Official Alabama Pregame/Game Thread

Another blown call was when Bama had the ball and the play clock expired. It has expired for at least 5 seconds when all of a sudden the refs blew the whistle and announced Bama had called a timeout.

And the "1 second" pass play at the end of the 1st half that let them try a FG.

Did Calloway step out on that return? It was mighty close and they didnt even look at it.

And that supposed fumble by JJ in the 1st quarter wasn't reviewed either. At the time it didn't look like a catch to me and looking at it again, it still doesn't appear to be a catch. But. . .there was no review.

At around 11:44:

There is no amount of weight gain that can save you from concussions.
The real concern is how much can you expect to get out of Maurer for the rest of the year.
3 straight weeks of concussion should mean end of the year for an 19 year old kid.
If we are being honest with ourselves, knowing what we now know about concussions, this is nothing to just bat an eye at.
3 consecutive major brain injuries is as bad as it gets for as football player.
The NCAA/SEC needs to step in if the kid is allowed to play next week.
These kids seemingly have no one protecting them. Jerry jeudy was clearly knocked unconscious and was allowed to come back in the game. That’s damn near criminal
He has not had three straight weeks of concussions...much less "major brain injuries"...come on man.

Maurer didn't get concussed vs UGA.....got hit in the ribs. I don't think he did vs Miss St either. That was a neck injury and required the same protocol.

I think last night was the only true concussion and probably mild. I think the staff is doing a great job of overprotecting him which is making it look like the situation is worse than it is. That should play very well with recruits parents/HS coaches.
I don't know how this isn't understood by everybody..jeez.

Reactions: LaagerVol

VN Store

Back