'19 Recruiting Forum: Official Alabama Pregame/Game Thread

Maurer is unreliable. Shrout scares me. JG has PTSD by now. Chaney is going to have to earn that paycheck. I don’t know how we score points to beat enough teams for a bowl.

But lettuce go...
I don't see Maurer as unreliable. Injury prone, but not unreliable. But it's hard to stay healthy when you're landing on, or taking knees to, your head.

Being down to basically 4th strong ILB, they played pretty well. I thought for sure they would run for days once BT was sent out. Props to our players and coaching staff. This team is really turning a corner recently. I would love to end with a bowl game. I promise one thing, I will be at the Bama game next year hoping we are both undefeated going into the game. Tickets will be $1,000 a seat and I won’t even blink an eye. I’ll spend more than that on cigars. The taste of victory does not have a price tag.
Since there is no price tag can I count on you for a free ticket? :)

That’s sort of what I mean. He’s very injury prone. I can’t rely/depend on him to complete a game.
Today's injury was kind of a fluke though. If he doesn't hit his own player going down, he's most likely okay. Wrong place at the wrong time kind of deal.

We've got questions at QB. But other than that, we are a solid team.

I think/hope we've seen the last of JG. If Maurer can't play next week, the team will rally around Shrout or Jennings. This team beat bama up tonight, it wasn't a thumping like in the past. We stood toe to toe with the #1 team in the nation. There is no quit in this team and we're better than anyone left on the schedule. 7-5

It isn't even fun to watch something this blatant. Pruitt should speak his mind. Boosters will pay the fine.

Just hope the team can bottle all that anger and take it out on SCAR.
In real life, does this corruption between Alabama and SEC officials truly go on? We fans have had our tin foil hats on since the beginning of organized sports, but I'm really starting to believe something is going on.

The SEC office and the AL Sports Hall of Fame are across the street from each other. They might as well be in the same building. I've posted this in other threads and got laughed at. But, if you watched the game tonight and don't think the SEC is corrupt and bias towards bama, then you're blind to how rotten the league has become.

Move the SEC office to Charlotte NC and start over with a clean slate.
Screenshot_20190915-173742_Maps.jpgScreenshot_20190915-173811_Maps.jpg

That’s sort of what I mean. He’s very injury prone. I can’t rely/depend on him to complete a game.
Very concerning. Regardless of what occurred in each instance, when you get knocked out of three consecutive games, there's one common denominator there. The kid is going to have to put on weight. The Alabama guy gives him a shove after the play and he takes flight because he's probably not 180 pounds soak and wet.

Pruitt said they called a sneak and his problem with the play was JG going over the top.

If that’s true the offensive line didn’t get the call.
Listen to it again. Pretty sure he said something to the effect of it was either a run or sneak play. They did 2 QB sneaks earlier in the game and was JG's call. There was some miscommunication and the end result was a touchdown the other way.

He never threw him under the bus by saying it was the wrong call, but never said it was the right call.

Last edited:
Pruitt said a while back that he was going to sit a year. IDK much about his transfer, but I think he's still rehabbing, too.

Not sure why they seem so averse to playing Shrout. We're going to have to have another QB, with Maurer's injury history.
Crazy to think QB would be a strong are this year and here we are down to 3rd and 4th string with JJ in.

JG has to go, immediately. Maurer has to be careful his football career isn't over soon with his concussions. Coaches don't seem to trust Shrout. JJ in the wildcat may have to be the answer

Very concerning. Regardless of what occurred in each instance, when you get knocked out of three consecutive games, there's one common denominator there. The kid is going to have to put on weight. The Alabama guy gives him a shove after the play and he takes flight because he's probably not 180 pounds soak and wet.
There is no amount of weight gain that can save you from concussions.
The real concern is how much can you expect to get out of Maurer for the rest of the year.
3 straight weeks of concussion should mean end of the year for an 19 year old kid.
If we are being honest with ourselves, knowing what we now know about concussions, this is nothing to just bat an eye at.
3 consecutive major brain injuries is as bad as it gets for as football player.
The NCAA/SEC needs to step in if the kid is allowed to play next week.
These kids seemingly have no one protecting them. Jerry jeudy was clearly knocked unconscious and was allowed to come back in the game. That’s damn near criminal

The real concern is how much can you expect to get out of Maurer for the rest of the year.
3 straight weeks of concussion should mean end of the year for an 19 year old kid.
If we are being honest with ourselves, knowing what we now know about concussions, this is nothing to just bat an eye at.
These kids seemingly have no one protecting them. Jerry jeudy was clearly knocked unconscious and was allowed to come back in the game. That’s damn near criminal
Thanks Dr. Jay for your insight😶

3? It's been two and all indications are that the first wasnt a concussion, he was just in protocol during the game.

VN Store

Back