Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

e6beb9d8-1a36-4f19-8090-a51a0d5c85b9_text.gif

PCU is a truly wonderful film. Top notch.

Could someone who is smarter than me (should be most of you) verify I'm deciphering this correctly:

This article clarifies information provided in IRS Publication 5307, Tax Reform Basics for Individuals and Families for the repeal of deduction for alimony payments under the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act of 2017.
Alimony or separation payments paid to a spouse or former spouse under a divorce or separation agreement, such as a divorce decree, a separate maintenance decree, or a written separation agreement, may be alimony for federal tax purposes. Alimony or separation payments are deductible if the taxpayer is the payer spouse. Receiving spouses must include the alimony or separation payments in their income.
Beginning Jan. 1, 2019, alimony or separate maintenance payments are not deductible from the income of the payer spouse, or includable in the income of the receiving spouse, if made under a divorce or separation agreement executed after Dec. 31, 2018.
This also applies to a divorce or separation agreement executed on or before Dec. 31, 2018, and modified after December 31, 2018, as long as the modification:
  • changes the terms of the alimony or separate maintenance payments; and
  • states that the alimony or separate maintenance payments are not deductible by the payer spouse or includable in the income of the receiving spouse.
On the other hand, generally alimony or separate maintenance payments are deductible from the income of the payer spouse and includable in the income of the receiving spouse, if made under a divorce or separation agreement executed on or before Dec. 31, 2018, even if the agreement was modified after December 31, 2018, so long as the modification is not one described in the preceding paragraph.

The way I read that is, if your divorce was finalized, say, 2014 and has not been modified, then you can still deduct alimony payments on your taxes and your dipshit ex wife is still supposed to claim it as income on her taxes.

Agree or disagree?

Could someone who is smarter than me (should be most of you) verify I'm deciphering this correctly:

The way I read that is, if your divorce was finalized, say, 2014 and has not been modified, then you can still deduct alimony payments on your taxes and your dipshit ex wife is still supposed to claim it as income on her taxes.

Agree or disagree?
Yes. Used to do taxes (before TCJA 2017) and that's how it was. It appears it left prior arrangements as-is.

Reactions: EdEcEko77

Agree or disagree?

YearlyAjarAssassinbug-max-1mb.gif

Once cars are electric and self driving we will see oil money go down and moonshine money go up.

I don't believe that'll ever come to fruition. I believe God has intentions to do several things on Earth in the very near future. I believe the beginning will consist of the White House being cleared out, followed by all this AI crap we see on a daily basis. When Elon Musk is talking about AI being the future and humans being hackable creatures and taking our self-control/free will....... God's not having it, IMO! JMO

I don't believe that'll ever come to fruition. I believe God has intentions to do several things on Earth in the very near future. I believe the beginning will consist of the White House being cleared out, followed by all this AI crap we see on a daily basis. When Elon Musk is talking about AI being the future and humans being hackable creatures and taking our self-control/free will....... God's not having it, IMO! JMO
LoL

Reactions: MarcoVol
To say Napier and Florida are hot on the recruiting trail would be a ridiculous understatement. He’s gobbling up some serious talent, especially out of Florida. Up to #8 on Rivals and will break top 10 on 247 tomorrow.

VN Store

Back