Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

shock and awe most, or sadly all my friends are athiests. in fact outside of my wife cant think of a single one who believes in God, nevermind Jesus as the risen Lord.

True Christianity teaches patience, love, and empathy. We embrace all religions, creeds, etc.

Your call.
I knew you were a communist.

True Christianity teaches patience, love, and empathy. We embrace all religions, creeds, etc.

If you define true Christianity in terms of the words of Jesus, the first part is true, but the second is absolutely false. He was unequivocal. "I am the way, the truth, and the life, and no-one comes to the Father except through me."

We all believe in 2 miracles. The creation of all matter and the creation of life are 2 great mysteries. You must have faith holding either worldview

That it was created
Or that it popped into existence uncaused

One is more probable than the other

Additionally one worldview is self defeating since there is no objective truth. You could be a pedophile and there would be nothing inherently wrong with it.

Fred Hoyle's Quote On How the Universe Is Made for Life
"A commonsense interpretation of the facts suggests that a superintellect has monkeyed with physics, as well as chemistry and biology, and that there are no blind forces worth speaking about in nature.”
I think message boards are tough place for these kinds of discussions but what you posted makes a lot of sense. I just don’t see any evidence that the “first cause” or “creator” has ever attempted to communicate with man. You know what I’m saying? A Muslim or a deist could have posted something very similar. Thousands of deities have been worshipped by mankind.

I think message boards are tough place for these kinds of discussions but what you posted makes a lot of sense. I just don’t see any evidence that the “first cause” or “creator” has ever attempted to communicate with man. You know what I’m saying? A Muslim or a deist could have posted something very similar. Thousands of deities have been worshipped by mankind.
I've thought of this too, if there is a God then there would be one religion on earth that must be true. But there are many denominations which lead to confusion. So no wonder there are so many atheists seeing us fighting each other over doctrine.

Within that subset, one set would obviously be the most true to the creators intentions. Many will add to and take from that plan for their own personal gain

The Lord made you smart enough to discern these things,and is not willing that any of his sheep be lost.

I've already prayed for Deux. I will pray for you at the evening service tonight

If you define true Christianity in terms of the words of Jesus, the first part is true, but the second is absolutely false. He was unequivocal. "I am the way, the truth, and the life, and no-one comes to the Father except through me."
Therein lies the inherent problem. Plenty of religions have plenty of ways to peace, salvation, nirvana, what have you. To tell other mortals that you are right and they are wrong is just not plausible. All mortals are equal in the eyes of whoever or whatever the creator is. That argument over "truth" is what has led to millions of deaths throughout history.

Therein lies the inherent problem. Plenty of religions have plenty of ways to peace, salvation, nirvana, what have you. To tell other mortals that you are right and they are wrong is just not plausible. All mortals are equal in the eyes of whoever or whatever the creator is. That argument over "truth" is what has led to millions of deaths throughout history.

So there is no right and wrong? Only opinions? The quest for truth is the primary basis for killing? So these foreign wars you complain so bitterly about are just people searching for truth?

Reactions: StoVol
There is nothing I hate more than a non religious person who acts like a douchbag when someone says “I’ll pray for you”. It makes all non religious people look like assholes. When I hear “I’ll pray for you” I sincerely thank them because I know what is in their heart. it is wanting good things for me.
I hate that equally as much as I hate when Christians reject the same from non-Christians. It makes all Christians look like *ssholes.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
So there is no right and wrong? Only opinions? The quest for truth is the primary basis for killing? So these foreign wars you complain so bitterly about are just people searching for truth?
Searching for truth and killing others because their truth is different than theirs are so not the same thing.

So if you want us back to where we used to be and you have regular contact with elite players are you givin your all for TENNESSEE and educating these young men of what UT used to be and what it can be again. Are you sellin UT and the direction of the new staff?

Kids don't care what it used to be. It's what they've watched for the last 10 years. Discourse and coaching changes, investigations, and so on. There's also been firmer players within the past 10 yrs telling kids bad things about their experiences. As recently as Thanksgiving a current pro and former Db told a up and coming kid how bad things were and how despite a large majority knew they'd hv to likely be UDRFA they weren't coming bk to play at UT due to JG and other things. I quote he said I love my brothers but the experience was horrible. As I hv said I like Heup, Golesh, Mack, etc those guys did their part but again Spyre did not.

Reactions: snickles
Everyone is entitled to find their own truth but that is all it is, their truth. Not anyone else. To force your truth on others is simply wrong.

There are lots of folks who claim that their truth obligates them to kill those who disagree with it. Clearly such a position cannot constitute real truth. Which leads to the conclusion that there is a moral right and wrong, but such cannot exist if all truth is relative.

Reactions: StoVol

VN Store

Back