Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

What do you need, man? I'll give your site a look for free and tell you my immediate thoughts. Often people don't need an SEO, just a little direction.
I’m actually just getting ready to set up a website through investor carrot. I was looking for tips from the ground up lol.

I’m actually just getting ready to set up a website through investor carrot. I was looking for tips from the ground up lol.

OK, I need to know a few things about your business before I can make recommendations. I can make a thread "SEO Tips for Building a Website" or something along those lines, if you don't mind having this conversation out in the open. We don't have to use your website name or anything. I'm sure other people would find some of this stuff helpful.

OK, I need to know a few things about your business before I can make recommendations. I can make a thread "SEO Tips for Building a Website" or something along those lines, if you don't mind having this conversation out in the open. We don't have to use your website name or anything. I'm sure other people would find some of this stuff helpful.
No brother I don’t mind. I run a real estate investment firm. We try to acquire off market property. Typically distressed. Then remodel and flip. So far I’ve just ran a FB page, which is new. But I know I eventually need to invest in a carrot site and start SEO if I want to scale this thing. I’m very open to paying for consulting. Not looking for anything free, but I will welcome anything lol. Last company that does SEO specifically for real estate investors wanted $30,000 🤯 we are trying to reach people who want to sell their properties quickly below market.

No brother I don’t mind. I run a real estate investment firm. We try to acquire off market property. Typically distressed. Then remodel and flip. So far I’ve just ran a FB page, which is new. But I know I eventually need to invest in a carrot site and start SEO if I want to scale this thing. I’m very open to paying for consulting. Not looking for anything free, but I will welcome anything lol. Last company that does SEO specifically for real estate investors wanted $30,000 🤯 we are trying to reach people who want to sell their properties quickly below market.

That's a lot of $ but it kind of depends on the scope of the project. I can definitely get you started off on the right foot with SEO for much cheaper than what you'll pay any decent company, but I might not be the right person to take your business beyond that (personal time limitations, mostly). We could do 3-6 months of work and see what kind of progress it makes. If it's going great, why pay more for an SEO company to take over? If you/I don't feel like it's going as we hoped, then we can call it good, At least you got the foundational SEO for cheap. I can pass you along to a company I trust to take that next step (and not gouge you).

You're in a really competitive industry, and that makes things difficult, which is why I'm trying to temper your expectations. However, I assume you are regional...that helps. What market are you in? Your business model is sort of a niche, too, which helps with SEO, so that's good.

You wanna post an email address and I'll hit you up?

That's a lot of $ but it kind of depends on the scope of the project. I can definitely get you started off on the right foot with SEO for much cheaper than what you'll pay any decent company, but I might not be the right person to take your business beyond that (personal time limitations, mostly). We could do 3-6 months of work and see what kind of progress it makes. If it's going great, why pay more for an SEO company to take over? If you/I don't feel like it's going as we hoped, then we can call it good, At least you got the foundational SEO for cheap. I can pass you along to a company I trust to take that next step (and not gouge you).

You're in a really competitive industry, and that makes things difficult, which is why I'm trying to temper your expectations. However, I assume you are regional...that helps. What market are you in? Your business model is sort of a niche, too, which helps with SEO, so that's good.

You wanna post an email address and I'll hit you up?

Last edited:
For you exercise gurus: Peloton or Bowflex Velocore? I just throw iron around myself, but wife is wanting one for some cardio she can do in the house. We have a 3 year old so a lot of things aren't an option.

For you exercise gurus: Peloton or Bowflex Velocore? I just throw iron around myself, but wife is wanting one for some cardio she can do in the house. We have a 3 year old so a lot of things aren't an option.
does she enjoy working out or social interactions? ie needs to be motivated by others? peloton will kick ones arse.

does she enjoy working out or social interactions? ie needs to be motivated by others? peloton will kick ones arse.
Yeah she already has some friends that have Pelotons and they've talked about interacting while they ride. That's why she's leaning Peloton, but she read up on alternatives and research led her to believe the Bowflex is a better bike.

Yeah she already has some friends that have Pelotons and they've talked about interacting while they ride. That's why she's leaning Peloton, but she read up on alternatives and research led her to believe the Bowflex is a better bike.
Hurt my back (lifting weights, ironically in 2002). Not a fan of surgery. Coach isnt putting me back in, so, opted for rehab.

Bowflex was highly recommended by PT. I still incorporate resistance band training in my workouts. As well as pushups, pullups, etc. At any rate it's a great, low impact machine. But literally paid $40 for different gauge resistance bands, feel like those suffice.

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
Out of curiousity, does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to repaint an entire home interior in Knoxville? Obviously I’m sure there are tons of variables, but I was curious about a ball park range before even having someone come give me an estimate.

We just built our house in 2017 and were told we were getting “the good” paint and it’s awful.

2200 sq foot house 2 stories, but a basic Smithbilt home so nothing to crazy.

Out of curiousity, does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to repaint an entire home interior in Knoxville? Obviously I’m sure there are tons of variables, but I was curious about a ball park range before even having someone come give me an estimate.

We just built our house in 2017 and were told we were getting “the good” paint and it’s awful.

2200 sq foot house 2 stories, but a basic Smithbilt home so nothing to crazy.
DIY

Social media is going to kill us from the inside like the Romans
I do agree it's a huge leech, but the anti-arguments can be pretty over the top too. Society had trouble adjusting when tv came along...then video games...then cell phones.

Maybe this is just our old-men way of thinking the kids are screwed. I think we'll survive it...cognizance of its harms are going widespread just recently. There is more awareness now than the last 15 years.

Everyone has stay cognizant though. At a concert? Look at the ***sing stage...not your phone as you record it. In nature? Put your damn phone down. Around family or friends? Act like your phone doesn't even exist. Best policy.

I loathe painting. Painted my parents entire house before we sold it, would rather just pay someone else to do it and spend my time doing something else.
Same for mowing or moving. Just pay someone. No way I am ever spending every weekend of my adult life mowing the freakin yard. Already spent from age 7 to 30 doing it. Total waste of a good Saturday when someone will mow it for freakin $30.

Reactions: Bruce Wayne
I loathe painting. Painted my parents entire house before we sold it, would rather just pay someone else to do it and spend my time doing something else.
I hate painting also, better get your pocket book ready. Good painters are expensive. If you decide to do it yourself buy a good quality paint. Cheaper paints will work you to death.

All that Global Warming
It is 3 at my house, woke up to 0

It is 300% warmer now than when you woke up. Clear evidence of the existential threat of global warming. Now let's kill some birds with our wind farms and drive electric cars that require more energy to run that those dinosaur internal combustion smog skewers.

Sorry. I hate the hyperbole of global warming proponents.

It is 300% warmer now than when you woke up. Clear evidence of the existential threat of global warming. Now let's kill some birds with our wind farms and drive electric cars that require more energy to run that those dinosaur internal combustion smog skewers.

Sorry. I hate the hyperbole of global warming proponents.
I received two calls last night from energy company asking customers to conserve electricity by not running dishwasher or washer/dryer and turn off unnecessary lights. My first thought was: What would we be doing 10 years from now if everyone was charging their electric car.
Get the facts straight | Bjorn Lomborg

VN Store

Back