Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

It was weird why so many were there. It was like old school western execution. I definitely understand why they shot because the idiot had a death wish pulling his right hand out of pocket like he had a gun and pointed it at them. Majority of shots were all instant in reaction to that so it was more of too many officers in one place at same time is why so many shots. What was ridiculous was the azz hole that fired two late shots. The guy was clearly down and blasted and dude shot two delayed shots to make sure job was done.
Hadn't even heard that part about delayed shots.

Nine officers discharged their weapons. Nine.

One, two, hell, even three, I wouldn't see it as a huge deal. But nine?

It doesn't take nine officers.

It was so weird. Why so many officers there? And why an off duty officer needed when you got a whole army. Wonder what was wrong with the guy and if there is more to his background. I mean nobody in right mind challenges that many officers with guns drawn.

And I feel so dirty for chuckling at the commentary by ladies taking the video.

Please quit proving my point! Your lack of knowledge of the facts of this situation coupled with police/combat training has already been established. Trust me, you need to go no further.
lmao

What point have I proven? That it takes nine police officers discharging their weapons to stop one man? Dude, you're insane. Nine police officers shouldn't have been discharging their weapons. Hell, that many cops probably shouldn't have been on scene. That's just insanity.

It was so weird. Why so many officers there? And why an off duty officer needed when you got a whole army. Wonder what was wrong with the guy and if there is more to his background. I mean nobody in right mind challenges that many officers with guns drawn.

Guy was mentally unstable. It was suicide by cop. I don't have a problem with the lethal force, just the number of cops on scene who discharged their weapons.

Reactions: screenthis
I see you did not take my advice, sad! Please continue ...
I don't take bad advice.

I'm guessing you're one of those people who think the police should never be questioned. Why not just beg them to take your rights?

I’m guessing the call went out and all officers in the vicinity responded including the off duty cop.

I think you may have handled it the same if you were there….. it’s different talking about it from the couch…. One of my favorite videos was of a pastor who was leading protests against the police…. He was invited to come and go through the cops training segments…. He started out being timid and selective when he shot hos weapon but kept getting shot….. by the end of the training he was running and shooting back over his head…. He wasn’t even looking at what he was firing his gun…. That was caused by the stress of a training exercise…. I couldn’t imagine actually getting shot at or having the violent interactions that cops deal with.
My best bud up here is a Harlan County Deputy. He gets tore up worrying about having to put someone down...but he told me he gets more tore up worrying about causing a fellow officer to get hurt or dead because he hesitated. He says the training kicks in and you have to trust it.

It doesn't take nine officers. That's not a guess.
There is no way I would ever be a policeman...you could never pay me enough to put up with this 🦬💩. Those guys put their lives on the line every f'n time they respond to a call...for what?..a world of ungrateful assholes that hate them and second guess every thing they do?

I have several close friends and extended family that are LEOs..including my baby daughters fiancé.

There is no way I would ever be a policeman...you could never pay me enough to put up with this 🦬💩. Those guys put their lives on the line every f'n time they respond to a call...for what?..a world of ungrateful assholes that hate them and second guess every thing they do?

I have several close friends and extended family that are LEOs..including my baby daughters fiancé.
Are you suggesting I'm hating on them for saying it doesn't take nine of them shooting the guy to put him down? If so, that's absurd.

Are you suggesting I'm hating on them for saying it doesn't take nine of them shooting the guy to put him down? If so, that's absurd.
No...I just get testy about it. I know a little about some procedures from being around LEOs. When a call like that comes in, every officer in the vicinity runs to the scene. When they think someone is going to fire they are taught not to wait to see if someone else will handle it..they will all unload because they are taught to.

If it is true that one guy fired delayed shots after all the other guys were stopped...that is a bad deal...if it is true.

For a lot of reasons, I sincerely respect you and your common sense, down to earth, perspective on issues! Your response to life challenges and how you did not let them beat you is even more admirable! God bless you!

No...I just get testy about it. I know a little about some procedures from being around LEOs. When a call like that comes in, every officer in the vicinity runs to the scene. When they think someone is going to fire they are taught not to wait to see if someone else will handle it..they will all unload because they are taught to.

If it is true that one guy fired delayed shots after all the other guys were stopped...that is a bad deal...if it is true.

It’s true. Wsmv news has video on Twitter. Delayed shots were awful. The initial shots while excessive I understand why because the idiot pretending to pull gun at them. It was only excessive because so many were out there lined up making look like an execution of one man. But they were there and did there job except the last azzhole

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
It’s true. Wsmv news has video on Twitter. Delayed shots were awful. The initial shots while excessive I understand why because the idiot pretending to pull gun at them. It was only excessive because so many were out there lined up making look like an execution of one man. But they were there and did there job except the last azzhole
He will probably be in some bad trouble then, and he should be. It's going to be tough to explain that one.

For a lot of reasons, I sincerely respect you and your common sense, down to earth, perspective on issues! Your response to life challenges and how you did not let them beat you is even more admirable! God bless you!
Well..I appreciate, but I am just another VN idiot running his know-it-all mouth. If I was so great, I would have accomplished a lot more, and never did the stupid stuff I've done.

Well, now you all forced me to go watch Videos and read more on the story. After that, my main question (and I hope to get answers) is why the guy was sitting there on the guardrail in the first place. Stories do say he recently married and had a 'domestic violence' case pending. As for the shooting, it seems clear the guy wanted 'suicide by cop' for whatever reason. It's hard for me to criticize LEO here.

Would love to see an IMG blue chip kid commit to us. These are the battles we need to start winning.
Already started...
Addison Nichols over UGA and Ohio St.
Kaleb Webb over Michigan
Squirrel White over UGA
James Pearce over UGA
Justin Williams over Auburn
Tyre West over UGA and FSU
Mo Clipper over Bama

Keep up, troll.

Don’t be bringing no positive stuff up in here. TurnuptheVOLtage doesn’t like that 😎
I get it but how many in staters and head to heads did we miss on this year?

CMS, Ive said this staff is better at the crooting than any since Fulmers. Even better than Brick by Brick. There is something that other staffs are using against us.

My bad...I forgot we can only be impressed if we beat out our rivals for IMG players, got it.

If you dont know where my reply to his post is coming from, you're not paying attention.

I’ve seen him be negative plenty. But here he has a point. I too would love to see us land elite guys from IMG. A pipeline there would be amazing

VN Store

Back