Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really up to date on what kind of dope people use these days that makes them want to rob someone to keep getting high.

What would you think it would've been?

lol dude, I don't have any more idea than you do. It was just a phrase I hadn't heard in a while. I don't even know if 1991 is actually a valid year for the joke I was making.

And by the way, I wasn't meaning to be flippant about what happened to you. I know from experience how sh***y and invasive it is when somebody steals your stuff, so my apologies if I overstepped there.

It is an app. You put your bank account info in. (It is private). People can send money from their bank acct to your venmo and then you transfer it to your bank acct. As long as you don't do the immediate it is a free transaction (or was last time I checked.) I think it takes about 3 days before it is in your account. Depending on banks. My daughter used to send me money that way is the only reason I know about it. It is super easy to set up. Just a suggestion for us to be able to help!

Love Venmo. It is how wife and I split monthly expenses, trips, etc.

Reactions: Wadetime
Came home to it. We were gone for 10 hours and it was broken inside the block wall, directly before the pressure regulator. Full pressure for who knows how long, 14 inches deep and wicked it's way up almost the entire height of the walls. Basements aren't ideal for drying out and salvage.
6 months of after hours work and all the materials gone in one day. It wasn't one of my better moments of inner peace.
View attachment 209265

I would say you are definitely not alone with not having inner peace about that. My fiance wants a basement. I'm on the other side of the fence as I would much rather have a second story above ground. Did you get it fixed?

There was a time when I never locked my doors for years, and I lived in the roughest part of Whitfield county...and never had one thing stolen from me.

There was a very good reason for that...and that's all I'm gonna say about it.

So the rumors of rattlesnakes in gun holsters are true?

If you threaten to shoot enough neighbors, your legend will grow and people will be afraid of your house. That’s what I did and it works well.
Having a big power T on the back window of my Tundra made my neighbors think I have an arsenal inside and will shoot anyone that tries shady stuff.

Somebody lied to you or just didn’t want to do the work. At least for my company claims are with the person not the car, house, etc. That would be like counting an accident against you for the driver that wrecked it before you ever bought it.

This is definitely how insurance should work. Claims being with the person.

What if I have a "Protected by _____ security", "Beware of dog", and "Trump 2020" signs in my yard but am lying about all of it? Will anyone really risk it then?
Trump sign alone probably gives you a 20% chance of being vandalized

Keep it simple with a “Trespassers will be shot on site” sign. That communicates, “I’m lettin’ y’all know with this $2.99 sign, but I’m content to let you call my bluff.”

I would say you are definitely not alone with not having inner peace about that. My fiance wants a basement. I'm on the other side of the fence as I would much rather have a second story above ground. Did you get it fixed?
Turned it into a workshop/tool storage basement. Foam insulation, metal studs and mold resistant sheetrock.

Reactions: zhangliao04
PMI is needed unless 20% is put down, also in lieu of PMI on conventional loans with less than 20% down results in higher interest rate.

"PMI is arranged by the lender and provided by private insurance companies. PMI is usually required when you have a conventional loan and make a down payment of less than 20 percent of the home’s purchase price. If you’re refinancing with a conventional loan and your equity is less than 20 percent of the value of your home, PMI is also usually required."

PMI is purely mortgage insurance. Greatest scam of all time. Most Credit Unions will not push this garbage. Where I used to work we did 100% + 2k for closing costs NO PMI. And we did just great during the recession and did not add to it. We hold onto all loans we write, none of that zero-skin-in-the-game origination, robosigning nonsense.

Last edited:
Trump sign alone probably gives you a 20% chance of being vandalized

Keep it simple with a “Trespassers will be shot on site” sign. That communicates, “I’m lettin’ y’all know with this $2.99 sign, but I’m content to let you call my bluff.”

Our friends live in the woods down the road from this very interesting property...handwritten signs like, "WE SHOOT ON SITE" and "DON'T TRY IT" and "IS YOUR LIFE WORTH THAT MUCH?". We were honestly scared just driving by them lol. But then our friends told us it is just a friendly old man that lives there alone lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back