Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What else are you going to do when Bill Murphy is at a Minnesota game and is rooting against Minnesota? Make caddy shack jokes of course

Reactions: T Dog
So you’re telling me the cops didn’t approach him for “no reason” I’m shocked.

My previous responses In regards to the event was in reference to the initial article posted being very vague. (Click bait) Which I stated more had to of happened other than him just walking down the middle of the road.

The article I found actually paints the picture the way it should have been reported by all of the other media sites. (I am a supporter of those in blue)

I’m curious as to why they were giving him orders in the first place if he was just walking and why they eventually tried to detain him which ended in him being arrested? I didn’t see anything about any other charges... so? Seems like a very weird situation.

Edit: I wonder what the probable cause for the officer to place his hands on George was.

Pure speculation, but having watched far too much Live PD it usually begins with a person acting evasively, reaching in pockets, won't give their name, etc. Then the officer is concerned they will flee so they say "you are just being momentarily detained, not arrested" and then the person freaks out. Half the time the encounter simply begins because the person is walking in the road, stumbling, or loitering.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Just saw he was walking down the middle of a road. Just WHY?? Even then, gtfo the road and it's done. So many people make things 10x worse than any original issue.

Though George stated the cop hit him first. That would certainly change the events. Guess we will see if he lawyers up. And if he tells Pruitt that, how does Pruitt handle it? Iyam suspended until everything is resolved.

My previous responses In regards to the event was in reference to the initial article posted being very vague. (Click bait) Which I stated more had to of happened other than him just walking down the middle of the road.

The article I found actually paints the picture the way it should have been reported by all of the other media sites. (I am a supporter of those in blue)

Cops lie all the time to make themselves look good

Pure speculation, but having watched far too much Live PD it usually begins with a person acting evasively, reaching in pockets, won't give their name, etc. Then the officer is concerned they will flee so they say "you are just being momentarily detained, not arrested" and then the person freaks out. Half the time the encounter simply begins because the person is walking in the road, stumbling, or loitering.

I appreciate the insight. Lol, I figured as much. it’s just funny how vague the first article was.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Dynasties die. Dabo and Nick can’t coach forever. Time takes time......
The wrong coach can kill a dynasty in a heartbeat. Look at FSU, Nebraska, Oklahoma (after Switzer) and Miami (after Erickson)
Hopefully Day is wrong for OSU.......
Hopefully their luck has run completely out. They got caught up in that scandal with Tressel and then had a huge upgrade fall into their lap one year later. Well, Urbie probably planned it after the crap hit about Tressel, but still, if it had not happened, Meyer may not have been available if and when Tressel left.

Reactions: peaygolf
Those type of people don’t deserve to be cops and like what you posted should be held accountable.

Criminals lie all the time as well if you want to go down that road.....
PEOPLE lie all the time. Cops are people....Criminals are people.

As a father of two boys, I teach them now to respect cops. I know there will come a time that I will have to have the talk with them.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL

My post wasn’t directed at you. Hopefully the cop had a body cam and this issue will be resolved.

Those type of people don’t deserve to be cops and like what you posted should be held accountable.

Criminals lie all the time as well if you want to go down that road.....
For sure. I’m just saying police reports are far from proof that someone did something wrong. I’m sure witnesses were present and can provide testimony to clear this up

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
According to the report, once in custody, George said, "He hit me first. Why can't I hit him back?"

x1000. The fact that cops are harass/assault/kill people at their discretion with no repercussions (whether in self defense or being held accountable in court) doesn’t sit well with me and is why I will always back the 2nd amendment.
If that is what happened. You don't know any more than we do.

Reactions: Vols4us
One thing ive kept in my 40's is my speed. Thankfully, it comes in handy a lot for sales presentations and day to day business affairs. When exchanging pleasantries it's best to say 'Hi. I have a 4.6 '40', electronic'. Then just start laughing, for no reason.

Maybe one day at Senior Olympics ill get that football over that mtn.

A few years ago a couple guys at work — one 30-something and the other 50ish — were jokingly arguing over who was fastest. Ultimately they ended up taking it to the parking lot and the resulting video (including slo-mo) still makes the rounds from time to time. It was hilarious.

Fwiw, the older guy actually looked like he would maybe take the other one till he pulled up gimpy and tailed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back