Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shooters shoot.
tenor.gif

this time of year kills me...it's going to get worse after March Madness too :(

April - August is the pits for me...I guess this year I'll try to be outside more and do things to pass the long wait before football starts back.

Reactions: chargervol
this time of year kills me...it's going to get worse after March Madness too :(

April - August is the pits for me...I guess this year I'll try to be outside more and do things to pass the long wait before football starts back.

April 11-14 Masters Golf Tournament - one of my favorite weekends!

Really, Murray state winning is the least controversial of these to me. Marquette is over seeded and Murray has the best pro in the tournament not named Zion. First round games are so often won by hero performances from one guy.

A lot of people have Murray state over Marquette.
I hate Mu**ay, but Ja is an unbelievable talent.
They can make a sweet 16 run.

Reactions: franklinpence
Yeah, I hear ya on this one McGill. They have worked so hard and been so successful you wish they had something to show for it all. For them not me. They have brought such joy to this university in our darkest days. I will never forget this group of young men.
Well said. I think a lot of us feel this way.

Man what happened there...ugh I barely bother with the NBA now. I'm a fan of Curry, but of course that bandwagon is beyond full.

Chris Wallace is an idiot. That's overarching.

Z-Bo thought (maybe correctly at the time) that he had more in the tank. We began to bring him off the bench his last year in Memphis, which wasn't a bad move, because he couldn't match up well with more athletic starters, but could dominate young role-players coming off the bench. I can't blame Z-Bo for leaving, and I honestly can't blame the FO for letting him. Just a sucky stalemate for the fans.

Tony got found out in the 2015 WCSF against the Warriors. I mean, everyone knew he as a defensive-heavy player, but when GSW played 5-on-4 and didn't make a single effort to guard him (and TA showed them that was an effective tactic), it led to his career's demise.

Combine Zeebs, TA, and finally the sage old wisdom of Vince Carter leaving in the same offseason, the Grit-and-Grind Grizz officially died.

I honestly think Marc Gasol became somewhat of a cancer after losing those three. He got his superstar money, and expected all the calls, moping when he didn't get them.

We've been pretty miserable for a couple years now, but at we are starting to turn the corner. We've drafted a couple cornerstone players-- Dillon Brooks and Jaren Jackson Jr... Trading away Marc for Jonas Valencunis and Avery Bradley, plus signing Joakim Noah has really injected new life into the locker room. I really dig our chemistry rn.

But there's still zero certainty about what happens this offseason with the roster. I say screw picks, use them as trade incentives, because unless we're drafting in the top-5, we're not getting anyone we need. I want us to keep Jonas, Joakim, and Conley (which we were looking at trade deals for him too, along with Marc).. Those three plus Jaren and Dillon gives us a nice nucleus to build around, at least until we have to replace Mike... which is something I never want to see happen.

Chris Wallace is an idiot. That's overarching.

Z-Bo thought (maybe correctly at the time) that he had more in the tank. We began to bring him off the bench his last year in Memphis, which wasn't a bad move, because he couldn't match up well with more athletic starters, but could dominate young role-players coming off the bench. I can't blame Z-Bo for leaving, and I honestly can't blame the FO for letting him. Just a sucky stalemate for the fans.

Tony got found out in the 2015 WCSF against the Warriors. I mean, everyone knew he as a defensive-heavy player, but when GSW played 5-on-4 and didn't make a single effort to guard him (and TA showed them that was an effective tactic), it led to his career's demise.

Combine Zeebs, TA, and finally the sage old wisdom of Vince Carter leaving in the same offseason, the Grit-and-Grind Grizz officially died.

I honestly think Marc Gasol became somewhat of a cancer after losing those three. He got his superstar money, and expected all the calls, moping when he didn't get them.

We've been pretty miserable for a couple years now, but at we are starting to turn the corner. We've drafted a couple cornerstone players-- Dillon Brooks and Jaren Jackson Jr... Trading away Marc for Jonas Valencunis and Avery Bradley, plus signing Joakim Noah has really injected new life into the locker room. I really dig our chemistry rn.

But there's still zero certainty about what happens this offseason with the roster. I say screw picks, use them as trade incentives, because unless we're drafting in the top-5, we're not getting anyone we need. I want us to keep Jonas, Joakim, and Conley (which we were looking at trade deals for him too, along with Marc).. Those three plus Jaren and Dillon gives us a nice nucleus to build around, at least until we have to replace Mike... which is something I never want to see happen.

I always felt they shouldā€™ve traded both gasol and Conley 2-3 years ago. Feel that way about the blazers now. They shouldā€™ve traded one of either CJ or Dame

Reactions: ChismsHeadband
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back