Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be way off but I feel like our OC comes from the situation at Georgia. Coley was promoted to co OC with Chaney last off-season but they still allowed Chaney to call plays. Coley is their superstar recruiter and is highly coveted.

The CO- OC situation there can’t last long. They either have to let Coley call plays before somebody uses that as leverage to hire him to their staff. But to do that Chaney would get squeezed out. If I’m Pruitt I’m forcing Georgia’s hand in that situation by going to Coley and offering full OC duties. If Georgia matches Chaney becomes available and you pick him up instead.

Only thing that doesn't make sense here is why the wait or hesitation? Not in the playoffs so what's the holdup?

They have no running game. They are behind every game for their d sucks. There coach sucks and can not win a big game. Matt Ryan makes very bad decisions in the passing game cause they try to get the ball to Jones (which is not a bad thing) to keep him happy. I do not know it is all sark but maybe he does do not fit with all the nfl egos.

It's been said before but, their OL is terrible. And, with the league's next-to-last running game, it makes it really hard on an NFL offense to be one-dimensional, even with Julio Jones and Matty Ice.

Reactions: nesbuddha66
If he has his guy I'd think he would tell some recruits this wknd such as a Gray, Crouch and Wright that he is pushing to sign. Those 3 don't talk to media much if at all.

Ok, since everyone is clamoring for my take on this, I’ll break my silence:

When my wife is about to put a meal on the table that she knows is less than desirable to our boys and will draw complaints and refusals to accept, she simply waits an exorbitant amount of time until they are so ravenous that they would eat “anything”. The resistance is reduced exponentially and the complaints are few and far between.

To parallel:
With the knowledge that the OC hire is less than desired, UT is drawing out the process for a time period that will eventually have fans disenchanted and uninterested to the point where the fans’ “wants” transform into a simple “need” to have any warm body just so we don’t feel incomplete.

We are about to be fed what we normally wouldn’t want bc our preferences have been overruled by our need to be sustained.

Now leave me alone!

When my wife is about to put a meal on the table that she knows is less than desirable to our boys and will draw complaints and refusals to accept, she simply waits an exorbitant amount of time until they are so ravenous that they would eat “anything”. The resistance is reduced exponentially and the complaints are few and far between.

To parallel:
With the knowledge that the OC hire is less than desired, UT is drawing out the process for a time period that will eventually have fans disenchanted and uninterested to the point where the fans’ “wants” transform into a simple “need” to have any warm body just so we don’t feel incomplete.

We are about to be fed what we normally wouldn’t want bc our preferences have been overruled by our need to be sustained.

Now leave me alone!
The question is, can she cook? I'll feel a lit better about our OC if she can.

To parallel:

Now leave me alone!
Sounds to me like you're trying to sell us on your wife.

Before we ridicule you, does she have experience as a play caller?

It’s the same thing that stirs the Gruden stuff every 4 years. I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about this.

I think part of it is that we have a huge fan base hungry for any good news. So that hunger makes them gullible.

I also think we have a ton of boosters/administrators/insiders who love attention and like to stir the pot. So they all compete against each other to see who can promote the craziest rumor.

Also, people want to believe their “leaders” (I use that loosely) are competent. So when no news gets out, people want to believe it’s because everything is being handled behind the scenes. “There has to be a plan! Otherwise none of this makes sense!”

We're only a year removed from the last coaching debacle, so I don't think boosters or admin people have much appetite for stirring the pot. When a hire is made, people will be tripping over themselves to leak it. There are only a few reasons for silence: either Pruitt hasn't made a final decision or he doesn't think it will be productive to make or announce his choice before ESD.

Reactions: nesbuddha66
Unless..... We aren't recruiting the same players.....
Which means it’s the latter part of what I said...it’s a trot hire, which is basically a prepare your cup hire. Any big hire from a power 5 could potentially have a couple recruits who would be interested in following him.

Exactly. Or maybe there's another coaching change that goes along with this OC hire that could affect the kids signing early.

Privately notify your important recruits of the new OC, get your horses in the barn for the early signing period, and then announce everything after the signing period ends.
Now, this could be a logical explanation. Only thing I could think of is if Nieds got an opportunity elsewhere, and Pruitt doesn’t want to announce he’s leaving until after ESD. If he left, he could affect many of our big recruits.

I could be way off but I feel like our OC comes from the situation at Georgia. Coley was promoted to co OC with Chaney last off-season but they still allowed Chaney to call plays. Coley is their superstar recruiter and is highly coveted.

The CO- OC situation there can’t last long. They either have to let Coley call plays before somebody uses that as leverage to hire him to their staff. But to do that Chaney would get squeezed out. If I’m Pruitt I’m forcing Georgia’s hand in that situation by going to Coley and offering full OC duties. If Georgia matches Chaney becomes available and you pick him up instead.
Once again, if true especially if it’s Coley, there’s no way you let him stay until after ESD. He definitely could bring some elite recruits with him.

Reactions: drylo
It’s the same thing that stirs the Gruden stuff every 4 years. I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about this.

I think part of it is that we have a huge fan base hungry for any good news. So that hunger makes them gullible.

I also think we have a ton of boosters/administrators/insiders who love attention and like to stir the pot. So they all compete against each other to see who can promote the craziest rumor.

Also, people want to believe their “leaders” (I use that loosely) are competent. So when no news gets out, people want to believe it’s because everything is being handled behind the scenes. “There has to be a plan! Otherwise none of this makes sense!”

Lol. You speculate a lot for having “sources.”

Unless, by not having that 10th spot filled yet, he is getting the benefit of one of the best recruiters/closers out on the road for him. It just so happens to be his boss and a HOF, national champion former coach and current AD. Not many hires out there going to ring the bell in recruiting like Phil. Just a hunch...
But there’s been no word that Fulmer has been our recruiting. Felton has been the 10th guy out on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back