Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony B is doing a live “X” cast sometime today/tonight. You may not like Basilio but his recruiting guru X is usually very informative. I can’t find a start time though.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
My perfect defense in 2020
End- Solomon
Tackle- Williams
End- Middleton
OLB- Roman
ILB- Toot
ILB- Crouch
OLB- Baron
CB- Bryce
CB- Art Green
Star- Lawrence
FS- Alontae Taylor
SS- Tank

Top 10 defense in 2020 with depth for day's. OU will run into a buzzsaw next season.

That's disgusting and I love it.

This is a very underrated story. As Clay Travis says if you don’t spend the money for coaches on the front end you will pay it on the back end in buyouts. As Vol sports fans we have spent the last 10+ years in purgatory. It’s nice to have hope again. I love what Fulmer has brought to the AD position. Resigning Barnes, Vitello and finally getting us a real football coach in Pruitt.

Report: Vols to finish fiscal year in the black

Marlin Lane nods in agreement.

And to be fair, Dabo and coaches who say this want the players to shut down their recruitments when they commit. Not just “hold a spot”. A lot of HS coaches won’t let their players commit until they’ve taken all their visits and come to a final decision.

HS coaches don't have the power to decide when players commit. Ok, a relative few may have that kind of influence and many may advise such, but nah. The power of HS coaches is greatly exaggerated because of those few. And to be clear, I've been a HS teacher for 21 years, 18 at a very good fb program.

Reactions: BennesseeVols
This is a very underrated story. As Clay Travis says if you don’t spend the money for coaches on the front end you will pay it on the back end in buyouts. As Vol sports fans we have spent the last 10+ years in purgatory. It’s nice to have hope again. I love what Fulmer has brought to the AD position. Resigning Barnes, Vitello and finally getting us a real football coach in Pruitt.

This is exactly right, which is why overpaying to retain Rick Barnes beats taking a chance elsewhere

HS coaches don't have the power to decide when players commit. Ok, a relative few may have that kind of influence and many may advise such, but nah. The power of HS coaches is greatly exaggerated because of those few. And to be clear, I've been a HS teacher for 21 years, 18 at a very good fb program.
I said a lot, but it’s more like what you said, where there a few powerful guys that can control how their kids commit.

Reactions: OrangenSC

If they can sell some football tickets we’ll build on the surplus. They’re struggling though.

My perfect defense in 2020
End- Solomon
Tackle- Williams
End- Middleton
OLB- Roman
ILB- Toot
ILB- Crouch
OLB- Baron
CB- Bryce
CB- Art Green
Star- Lawrence
FS- Alontae Taylor
SS- Tank

Top 10 defense in 2020 with depth for day's. OU will run into a buzzsaw next season.

Crouch is going to have to lean up and get faster if he’s going to be an every down ILB

Crouch is going to have to lean up and get faster if he’s going to be an every down ILB
He looked like our fastest linebacker in the spring game by far. That kid is a freak and doesn't have any bad weight at all. 242lbs is perfect playing weight. A year in the system and a full time defensive guy will make a world of difference for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back