Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's june. but if you plug in the majority of the guys we're currently in good with, or have some reasonable expectation of getting (Ox, Jarrett, Baron, Morris, ojulari, king, grimes, Hardy, Hodge, Leonard, thomas, Sewell......) it would put us with 23 commits and a score of 289.10, which as of today would be good for #3....with a .9203 average. that's with the LS. w/out it it's .9279....

it's june. this isn't a prediction. but i will say i think this class does still have the potential we all thought it did......

by comparison:
clemson has 18 commits, #1 and .94 average. not sure anyone is catching that.
Bama has 21 committs, #2 and a .93 average
LSU has 20 commits, #3, and a .92 ave
UGA has 14 commits, #4, and a .92 ave
ND has 14 commits, #5 and a .91 ave

bottom line, there's a copule in that top 5 that have most of the hay in the barn....if things go like we hope, this could definitley be a top 5 class before all is said and done. additionally, this is the type of class this staff has us competing for. not bad for a program that's won only 9 games in 2 years.

i don't know that we get all these guys, but this is the level they're going for and competing well at.

and we're going to get more than a couple of those guys in that list above.

siap yesterday, i'm not worried about this class at all.
I added some guys I'm realllllllllllly confident will be committing. 229.51 with 14 commits oh and I took the LS off

I added some guys I'm realllllllllllly confident will be committing. 229.51 with 14 commits oh and I took the LS off
If we land Sewell, Gilbert, Jarrett, and Smalls with the guys we're all pretty confident in landing, we'll have a class in the 300's which will be top 5 if not top 3. VQ has said we have a good chance with all 4 of those guys too. We'll see.

If we land Sewell, Gilbert, Jarrett, and Smalls with the guys we're all pretty confident in landing, we'll have a class in the 300's which will be top 5 if not top 3. VQ has said we have a good chance with all 4 of those guys too. We'll see.
Yeah I didnt put any of those guys in the calculator either.

i didn't even include Gilbert or the other TE in mine. this class has soooo much potential.....

Oh he will. Theft of 500k is a federal crime especially utilizing gift cards because you have to liquidate those. Which is also another portion of the laundering. He could get serious time. Plus be required to pay it all back if not more.

Nevin Shapiro former Miami Canes booster got long prison time for this and I think he is still in prison serving time. He almost brought down the Miami program paying for strip clubs and hoes and giving money to recruits and Cane players meanwhile running a ponzi scheme.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Nevin Shapiro former Miami Canes booster got long prison time for this and I think he is still in prison serving time. He almost brought down the Miami program paying for strip clubs and hoes and giving money to recruits and Cane players meanwhile running a ponzi scheme.
He did not really bring it down, because the NCAA pretty much just slapped them on the wrist.

We need to land a couple of RBs also.
Hodge + Ty Jordan would be preferred right now

I don't think we land an 'elite' blue-chip RB this cycle, not with how conscious everyone is about RB injuries and shelf life, and how well-documentedly porous our OL has been.

Hopefully we can show enough on the field this year to convince 2021 RB's that we'll be solid at OL by the time they get on campus.

One factor people seem to forget about, or it simply slips their minds. And I don't know that the NCAA is really "up to speed" on it just yet themselves.

Social media has gone the way of "pay for popularity" what I mean is all these platforms now can turn you money based on your fan-base/followers/subscribers. So if a HS kid/college student wants to try and make some side cash that's a pretty easy way to do it, especially considering the numerous fan-bases who will latch on to follow the player during recruiting (or during their college career). And even if they don't monetize this popularity into profit until after college it still sets the foundation for them.

You get in the tens of thousands of followers on any major social media and you'll have brands wanting to sponsor post etc. to reach people.

The potential for ad delivery through paid social campaigns, influencer campaigns, or other types of viral/buzz marketing is extensive with the digital footprints that high school kids have these days. I'm surprised that there hasn't been a larger strategy of leveraging high school kids' social media presence, especially by the big subscription based sites and the bloggers-basically-do-it-for-free sites like SBNation.

I'm sure it'll happen at some point though, because some marketer at some ad agency somewhere is thinking that there's an opportunity for disruption an ad deployment in social.

He did not really bring it down, because the NCAA pretty much just slapped them on the wrist.

I said almost. They lost lots of transfers and recruits because of this and bowl ban, etc... I knew they wouldn't give them the death penalty but I did think they would get a harsher penalty. Miami has been doing this for years even back to the Kosar, Michael Irving, Ray Lewis, Bennie Blades, etc.. days but with the shooting that occurred with the football players off campus and then the former Cane DT can't remember his name was also shot and killed off campus then the Shapiro thing was the final straw that broke the camel back and all brought this out to light inside the Canes program. The Canes haven't recovered since and other schools have been gutting South Florida kids since in recruiting.

I remember back in the days 90's and even early 2000's , You could go to South Beach any giving Saturday or Sunday and see Cane football players and recruits hanging out, partying and drinking buying bottle of Dom and Grey Goose $500 or more bottles each and wearing big thick 14' K Cuban gold chains and full rack of gold grill teeth and driving expensive cars or rental cars like range rovers, BMW, Mercedes and even Ferrari's and I used to ask myself "how the heck can they pay for all of this" as college kids?

Bringing in Mark Richt was a good move to rebrand their image and little Manny Diaz was a good move too as his daddy used to be the mayor of Miami and popular but I have no doubt this is going on at LSU, Bama, Clemson and Georgia now and lots of other schools too. They will get caught sooner or later too.

Reactions: drvenner
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back