Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the MSU-Vandy baseball game, and Rocker’s son is pitching. They keep showing Tracy Rocker in the stands, talk about him repeatedly, mentioned he was on a recruiting trip when his son threw a shutout, but it’s like they’ve been told to not say he’s a coach at Tennessee.
They avoided it the previous game also. They said his dad played for Auburn and had been a long time coach in the SEC, but never once mentioned Tennessee.

One more mention about the home insurance. Homeowners insurance covers much more than just the structure itself and most important is your liability. Even if you own your home and don’t care about insuring the structure itself it is crucial to have liability coverage to protect yourself from a lawsuit.

If you really don’t care about the building just take the highest deductible offered and keep that in an emergency fund for that rainy day.

Would y’all be ok with 6-6 this fall?

I say hell naw
I'd be disappointed.
7-5 allows for the 3 more talented teams (1 with only a slight advantage) and up to 2 losses to just more developed teams. Would like to beat all of the "shoulds" and 1 iffy to feel ok.

Watching the MSU-Vandy baseball game, and Rocker’s son is pitching. They keep showing Tracy Rocker in the stands, talk about him repeatedly, mentioned he was on a recruiting trip when his son threw a shutout, but it’s like they’ve been told to not say he’s a coach at Tennessee.
They actually went out of their way not to mention Tennessee.

Reactions: BreatheUT
No, I'd be disappointed. 7 wins or more is a must this fall. And I'm confident we'll do it. Wouldn't be surprised if we win 8 or 9.
9 is totally within reach. MSU and USC are what I consider the swing games, those teams are definitely beatable, and at home! Mizzou is gonna be breaking in a new qb, UK lost most of it’s talent, and Vandy lost it’s QB as well. We have an experienced qb with a top 3 OC. We will be in year 2 of Pruitt’s defense, who’s also a top 3 DC. I could be way off here, but we are better than 6 wins.

This has been the first year where I think people have low (so probably reasonable) expectations.

I've noticed that too. I saw an S&P+ stat chart that showed 2017 and 2018 were the two worst seasons of UT football in at least 50 years. I guess that beat most of us down! 7-5 sounds nice by comparison. I think most of us know it's a long road back to where we want to be...

Yeah today the conditions allowed for some decent scores. Probably won't continue.

Here at the Bear Trace in Harrison they are having a 4 day Senior TN Golf Association tourney. But we got a bunch of rain yesterday and just saturated the course. When to hit a bag of balls and it was soaked. Haven't gotten to play this week because of so much rain.

This has been the first year where I think people have low (so probably reasonable) expectations.
What about last year? 2013? I remember both times 5-6 wins being a popular opinion.

6 wins this year is very reasonable, assuming our DL gels and OL improves. I think a bowl game is in reach once again and am excited to get back to a bowl and get someone drafted. But any injury to JG could change everything.

Vegas has us at 7 wins, so 6 or 8 wins are equally likely according to a normal distribution. As are 5 wins or 9 wins.

I'll be happy with anything ending in a bowl game. Pruitt starting with 2 straight non bowl seasons would be the worst start in modern history for a UT coach and he'd lose tons of political capital and recruiting momo. Must avoid that first and foremost. My current prediction simulator has us in a bowl 80% of the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back