Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per Simonton

Would have to think the exception applies here, unless he did participate in team activities already. Don't think he was an EE.

15.5.1.10.1.3 Exception—Incapacitating Injury or Illness. [FBS] A prospective student-athlete or student-athlete who, prior to participation in athletically related activities, becomes injured or ill to the point that he or she apparently never again will be able to participate in intercollegiate athletics shall not count toward the institution’s annual limit on signings. (Adopted: 4/26/17 effective 8/1/17 for signings that occur on or after 8/1/17)

If one of those PWO's get placed on scholarship in their first 2 years on campus though, they count as an initial counter and have to be counted against a 25-man class. So they're pretty much blueshirts in that regard. Once they enter their 3rd year on campus, PWO's can get a scholarship without it counting against a 25-man class. Just the 85-man.

Fwiw, this has been changed. Now they only have to wait 1 year before they can go on scholarship.

Also why I believe we have been getting more aggressive with PWOs.

Not sure that's the best policy for a doctor that is getting paid by the insurance company. Bite the hand that feeds you.
Well I think situations like this don't get fixed unless people in the profession stand up fight for the change

e589fc45-fbde-46ec-85f8-e8517fb14b3f.jpg

Tennessee Head Coach Rick Barnes Receives Nations of Coaches
Master Coach Award

A Legacy Coaches Summit tradition is the presentation of the NOC Master Coach Award to Coach Rick Barnes. The 40 plus year veteran coach is currently the Head Coach of the University of Tennessee and is the 6th recipient of this prestigious award given to a coach that demonstrates a proven record of leading like the "Master Coach." Coach Barnes’ success on the court has been well documented, but the impact he is having on those he leads and the number of coaches that hear his story is difficult to measure.​

I support this ministry. This is a very nice award.

Glad you are better but you are definitely offering sound advice. It is a real issue in this country. The ACA tried to address this but unsuccessfully. We definitely need to do something though. Anywho, who do we have committing today?
Commit won't be announced til Thursday, earliest ~ Miss Cleo

I bet the commit is someone. It even on our radar.

I don't doubt it.

CJP is tight-lipped with the media. We're aware of the obvious targets, but there are still 250 4*'s spread across the country. And even though Tennessee's brand has suffered a bit, kids still know the Power T to some extent, as well as what CJP did at Alabama just two years ago.

I don't doubt it.

CJP is tight-lipped with the media. We're aware of the obvious targets, but there are still 250 4*'s spread across the country. And even though Tennessee's brand has suffered a bit, kids still know the Power T to some extent, as well as what CJP did at Alabama just two years ago.

Idk how I didn’t catch that typo. I meant isn’t on our radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back